Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$150 E-Bay H.I.D.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: $150 E-Bay H.I.D.

You guys need to stop the misinformation on these forums.

HIDs aren't some incredible holy grail of automotive lighting.

If your going to run a HID bulb in a reflector housing you need to buy one for a reflector housing. Its that simple. The light won't be as precise as a car with $1000 in optics but it will be safe and not blind anyone.

They also make plenty of plug and play kits out there, snap one pig tail into your stock harness and just mount the ballast somewhere. In regards to quality brands do matter, Phillips is good stuff for example.

Regarding the plug and play on some cars with medicore stock wiring (sounds like the Mustang) you may have to run power wires direct to the battery with a relay circuit. I installed a HID kit on my BMWs fogs and it took less than 5minutes and looked amazing.

Just do your research, its like anything else with cars. If you just buy crap without knowing and install it half-assed your going to end with something that is the sum of its parts.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I would love to be able to have HIDs. However, unless it's factory, the police will stop people for it (at least, here in CA, they seem to be). And seeing as how the San Diego PD is doing a crackdown on HID lighting (the old farts here in San Diego have been complaining like crazy lately) I won't be doing it anytime soon.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

Funny that you mention killing someone about lightsbut dont have a problem removing the cats. Not sure why cars have high beams you could kill someone. at least around here some people will run with there highs on all the time
Old 04-18-2007, 11:33 PM
jettaflavor
I ♥ Acer

hint hint - maybe if a manufacturer justr made our headlights with a built in projector..

make it easy like that!

AND NO - NOT those cheesey lookin' headlights with the "dual lights"... stupid
Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

I would love to be able to have HIDs. However, unless it's factory, the police will stop people for it (at least, here in CA, they seem to be). And seeing as how the San Diego PD is doing a crackdown on HID lighting (the old farts here in San Diego have been complaining like crazy lately) I won't be doing it anytime soon.
No they dont...a lot of people here in SD stangpede have HID's and we havent gotten pulled over for hids. Some of our members have saleen hids and hid bulbs and no problems yet....
Old 04-19-2007, 12:58 AM
tedBalog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: schapman

Funny that you mention killing someone about lightsbut dont have a problem removing the cats. Not sure why cars have high beams you could kill someone. at least around here some people will run with there highs on all the time
For those of us that live in the county, and would like to see a half mile down the road before abruptly smashing into a deer or other wild-life animal.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 AM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

i got the 8000k hid's from stangmods...i ****&n love em....i can see way down the road better than my reg hi's.....i never get flashed bc i dont use my fogs anymore..theres no need to....the cutoff is not as bad as everyone thinks....its not perfect but its def not bad....so all you old geezers out there stop your bitching and try out a pair for 250 like me..then come back and post how much you love them..if you dont like them then sell them on ebay..youll get your money back without a doubt..oh and stangmods has a LIFETIME guarentee and if you send them a pic of it on your car you get $25 off of the foglight hids from them
Old 04-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

No they dont...a lot of people here in SD stangpede have HID's and we havent gotten pulled over for hids. Some of our members have saleen hids and hid bulbs and no problems yet....
You must've missed the news report on Fox 6 last week, then...People were complaining about the brightness of the headlights and the SDPD said they were going to start cracking down on illegal lighting.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

You must've missed the news report on Fox 6 last week, then...People were complaining about the brightness of the headlights and the SDPD said they were going to start cracking down on illegal lighting.

LOL probably did miss it. thats why some idiot flashed me last night when i just had my headlights and fogs on. so i flashed my brights at the damn bastard. Plus thats like them trying to crack down on people using their cell phones while driving, theres a law out saying you cant do it and they still do it and i havent seen one person get pulled over for it. so i doubt they will even crack down or inforce this.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Lec

2008 - Mustangs have an HID option, by mid 07 you should be able to order them from parts.....