Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After almost a week with my Mustang...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: After almost a week with my Mustang...

Fun to drive is an understatement. I take every excuse to get out and drive my Mustang. It gives me a feeling of satisfaction every time someone stares or makes cool comments about my car. No doubt, Mustang is a household name in the car kingdom.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:26 PM
PBR_Streetgang
1st Gear Member

Nice post.

The thing that gets me is the Mustang's broad appeal (no, not that kind of broad, you old sexists). Just by the "how old are you/what's your profession" posts that roll through here every other month, it's pretty cool to see that so many different age groups and backgrounds enjoy this car. I went on the Mid-Atlantic Mustang cruise earlier this month, and that confirmed what I see on this board...people from all walks of life/age/ethnicities love the Mustang. It's impossible to stereotype a "Mustang driver" like you can some other cars.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:29 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

this is a great post. like you said eariler... there are many cars with the hp numbers, but no soul. so in the end you've just got nothing more thana quick piece of metal and machinery.

and yes, driving the stang on the open road, there's not a feeling that can compare to it. this is what drivng is supposed to be about. andmy gf gets annoyed that everytime i go out i spend minutes upon minutes just admiring the lines of the car. it really is a beautiful car.

there arepeople who look down on the mustang. that's because they don't know any better. they're all stuck in the 'this will always be better than that' mentality. what little they know.

anyways... enjoy your new stang. treat her right. [8D]
Old 04-19-2007, 07:51 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Great post!!!

Once you get a CAI and a good tune you will literally **** your pants at what those two mods do to these cars!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Soul... yea.. that is what our Mustangs have.

Mine even gets noticed when it is NOT there. Yesterday, it had rained, so I drove my Audi allroad. Stopped at the gas station for a cup of coffee, and this guy that I don't know walks up and says "Where is that Red Beauty of yours, I didn't see it outside?"... so my mustang gets noticed even when it is not there!

You made the right choice... you will WANT to drive your mustang - for a very long time!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:57 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

i think it has soul, which most cars lack these days. the "luxury" cars have electric butt massagers and heated pencil sharpeners and hydroelectric headlight stabilisers.. . but no SOUL. the new lexus 430 or 480 hybrid has four hundred some odd horsepower, but it's just a big fat sedan. my mustang screams, rumbles, burbles, screaches and storms along. maybe the camaros and hemis do as well, but the mustang has the perfect combo of looks, performance, mod-ability, and, well. . . SOUL.
You nailed it - this car has SOUL. The legend lives!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:04 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

For the guy who said.. "I only work 3 miles away... and I smile each way"

Lucky man!!! I work about 20 miles away, I HATE putting the miles on. I'd rather work 3 miles away and spend the extra miles having fun and going for pointless joy rides.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
06blkgtgirl
1st Gear Member

I'm with you ohnoesaz; I owned an Infiniti G35-kept it 1 yr and got rid of it. Even though it's an entry level luxury car I still love my stang more. If I ever traded it in I would trade it in just to get another...I get so many compliments and stares in my car, it's crazy. I'll post pics soon.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Grabber72
1st Gear Member

This is an awesome post. Enjoy your car and trust me, it only gets better
Old 04-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I"m not one to put labels or names on my Mustang. I feel BMW's, Jag's, etc. are image cars. People showing off there wealth. You know, "crap don't stink" kind of people.A Mustang is car for drivers. People that reallylove to drive. I build it for what "I" want, not what others think. Sure we shine them up and do mods, go to cruises and shows, but we do it for ourselves.

Quick Reply: After almost a week with my Mustang...