Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WRECK!! Actually, two wrecks...in one day...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 01:06 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Default WRECK!! Actually, two wrecks...in one day...

Ok, well here we go...

Went to the track for the weekend, at Carolina Motorsports Park (Road Course) and did really great there. I actually destroyed two stock C6s, and one porsche GT3 (The driver was horrible). I was running some great times, when at the end of the day, my *stock* brake pads, rotors and calipers were getting extremely hot. (Also, I just put on new, stock pads and rotors on friday). So I am coming down the longest stretch of the track at around 110-115mph, and went to get on my brakes, and they weren't there. My brake pad went to the floor. So I downshifted to third when I was around 80-90mph (hard on the car, I know) but I did the right thing by keeping the car straight, both feet in, and rode it out. I then slid in the sand pit around 30-40 feet, and finnally stopped. So I was signaled back on the track by the officials, and limped back onto the trailer and went home.

So as I went home, I was going to change the brakes, so I could drive the car to school tomorrow. So I got out of the car, and very unfortunatley, I left my door open while I was going to get the ramps so I could drive it off the trailer. Well the type of trailer my dad has is open wheels. And the wheels come up to about 1/3 up the mustang's door. I pulled up the hand brake, but I left the car running (2nd huge mistake) the hand brake held the car for about 2 minutes, then Boom! Car slid back a few feet, bending the bottom of the door pretty well.

So I need to know two things...
Where I can buy fiberglass, or other lightweight material doors?
and
What is a good name brand brakes?

oh, and on a side note, I melted my plastic tire valve caps onto the tire...now that's hot!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:07 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WRECK!! Actually, two wrecks...in one day...

oh, and I'll have pics of the door, and the *bent* rear brake pad soon, prob. tomorrow
Old 04-23-2007, 01:14 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

OUCHIE!!!!! Sounds like one of those days you want to get back in bed and get up an start it all over with a better ending!!!! Sorry to hear, that sux!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:17 AM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Since you're a track guy get the hawk hp plus

http://hawkperformance.com/performance/hpplus.php
Old 04-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

You go to Dorman, right? Idrive that black V6 mustang, and I heard you said a few things about my car, such as "he has dual exhaust so he is trying to look like a GT". I was just wondering why you think I was trying to make my car look like a GT,becauseI have no GT emblems or fogs.

Anyway, sorry about your car. I'd like to check out your racing seat setup sometime.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:28 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

+1 atleast for the hawk pads.....best you can get.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06stang

You go to Dorman, right? Idrive that black V6 mustang, and I heard you said a few things about my car, such as "he has dual exhaust so he is trying to look like a GT". I was just wondering why you think I was trying to make my car look like a GT,becauseI have no GT emblems or fogs.

Anyway, sorry about your car. I'd like to check out your racing seat setup sometime.
Yea man, I honestly wasn't trying to start any **** or anything. But I actually have heard a few things about you. I was just a little flustered because I've heard that you were talking about how you were talking about how you were so fast. But you know how rumors go, and we are in highschool, so of course people are going to talk.

But I did say that about the exhaust, sorry man. I was being an ***, but you're right, atleast you arent trying to put the emblems on and all that.

But yea, I don't think I'm coming to school tomorrow, but I'll drop by your car probably tuesday or so. Or you could drop by mine. oh yea, I didn't catch your name.

Later
Old 04-23-2007, 01:51 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JT_Moore05

ORIGINAL: Black06stang

Yea man, I honestly wasn't trying to start any **** or anything. But I actually have heard a few things about you. I was just a little flustered because I've heard that you were talking about how you were talking about how you were so fast. But you know how rumors go, and we are in highschool, so of course people are going to talk.

But I did say that about the exhaust, sorry man. I was being an ***, but you're right, atleast you arent trying to put the emblems on and all that.

But yea, I don't think I'm coming to school tomorrow, but I'll drop by your car probably tuesday or so. Or you could drop by mine. oh yea, I didn't catch your name.

Later
I'm Jason BTW. Ifirst heard your name fromJay Gill. Hes one of my friends, and hes mentioned that you were into racing. Both last year and last semester I went over to R.D Anderson, and saw you driving to school almost every day with your parent.

I like to race and of course rumors are going to get started in high school. I am proud of my car, and it isn't the slowest thing around. I'm sorry if you think I'm an *** that thinks he has the fastest car, because I know I don't. However, I am into upgrading my cars performance and driving fast. Sometimes rumors just can get started through jealousy/anger.

We should get together a little drag race up at Shadyside sometime, just for fun. I'm not expecting to win, but I just want to see how I would do. What do you think?

Well anyway, I hope you don't think I'm a jerk because I'm really not. I love all new mustangs more than anything, and I respect your ride.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

Aww, this is cute.

~Fletch~
Old 04-23-2007, 01:58 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fletch

Aww, this is cute.

~Fletch~
No, its just a little GT vs. V6 rivalry. lol

Quick Reply: WRECK!! Actually, two wrecks...in one day...