Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Contol. Anyway to turn it off?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Traction Contol. Anyway to turn it off?

We are depending on a tuner to turn off TC ? C'mon,......
HOW HARD IS IT ? to simply HIT that button, to the right of the 12Vpower port, at start up ?
This isFUNNY !!!!!!!! and STUPID @ the same time.
TURN IT OFF, HIT THE BUTTON, and don't rely on a TUNE to do it for you ![sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=nothatway.gif][sm=signs006.gif][sm=wakeup.gif][sm=wtf.gif][sm=wtf.gif][sm=wtf.gif][sm=wtf.gif]
Old 04-24-2007, 09:46 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

This is what Brent told me.

Do you have the display on the dash that tells you your MPG? If so you will get an error on the dash every time you start the car if we turn off the TC. If you don’t have the display we can turn it off and you wont get any errors.

Your T. Management setting will not hurt your performance. We already have it modified.

This is my response.

Yes I have the display, but if it's just an error message i'm not worried. I only use the 93 tune at the track. I thought the torque management system might have been part of the TCS.[/align][/align]So does this error stay on the display or can you just hit the reset button to return the display to normal?[/align][/align]And his response.[/align][/align]Yes you can re-set the error message. I will schedule your tune request.[/align]

ORIGINAL: Meek
Brenspeed told me it will throw a code if its changed in the tune to the OFF position .. im in the habit of hitting it when i start the car
By the way I never did get an error message on the display. My fishtailing car light is always on in the instrument cluster and of course my TC light is always on.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:15 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

u wont get any codes, and yes the fishtail light will stay on, and for the guy who called this thread silly, clearly u have no idea how the TCS works in this car. u cant just turn it off by pressing the button to get the full effect. u have to disable it w/ the tuner. ask anyone, when u dont disable it ur throttle response is delayed. TCS affects drive by wire. when u punch the pedal with TCS on the throttle opens slower then when u push the pedal to the floor in order to limit wheelspin.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:32 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

+1, if u dont turn it off w/ the tuner but instead just by pressing the button it isnt really off. when u use the tuner to turn it off ur throttle responseis better. half of the tcs is to prevent wheelspin, the other half is to limit throttleresponse when u mash the pedalto prevent wheelspin.
if I understand [despite the schoolboy text talk], the TCS also has an effect on throttle response? I didn't know that.... me dumb So, punching the button will [or won't] sharpen the throttle response also?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:10 AM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler
if I understand [despite the schoolboy text talk] ...
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 04-25-2007, 01:21 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+
ORIGINAL: Fletch

How many of you guys automatically turn it off when you start the car up? I'm starting to get in that habit. (Unless the weather is bad)

~Fletch~
Old 04-25-2007, 01:29 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

So,[sm=wtf.gif], did FORD do this ?
What are you talking about ? All,...... of a sudden, this lil' button, has no meaning, but,....... it has some meaning ?
Basically, the TCS is meant to handle the "overrev" in "zero-traction-conditions", like snow and ice.
The person that started this thread, was whining about not remembering toturn his TC off, and was running a KB/blower.
IF,........... we are gonna post and talk about, how to overide the factory computor, DON'T EXPECT WARRANTY compliance.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:47 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Personally I think it's all moot and not a little funny.
I'm interested in knowing whether the TCS system also has an effect on throttle response which is a known soft spot in the tune, but worrying that you might be driving with TCS on by default [Horror] is hilarious. I mean, we aren't all named Mad-Max and we don't all drive in a post apocalyptic war zone where we have to race to live In a real time scenario, having TCS on or off is not going to affect your world one bit. If I think of a typical 20 mile drive in my Mustang, I reckon I'll see 5 cars which might give me some fun..........if there weren't the Cops around. If I feel like going back to my youth and stomping on a ricer at the lights, I might lean over and knock TCS off, I might not, it doesn't seem to make that much difference. If I'm smoking Rubber instead of moving forward the Ricer has still beaten me away. LOL
Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

JEEEEEEEEEZ Marcus, that response made me tired,............. just reading it.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:34 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

I was able to turn it off using my Predator. It's off all the time now. I do get a TCS error that I must clear every time I start the car. I haven't decided what's more annoying, clearing the error or turning the TCS off.

Quick Reply: Traction Contol. Anyway to turn it off?