Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05-07 Mustang Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
torqjnky
2nd Gear Member

Default 05-07 Mustang Front License Plate Bracket

I've seen this issue a few times here on the site so here goes.

I took delivery of my 2007 SC on Super Bowl Sunday. Wow what a great car. I live in Virginia, a state that requires a front license plate. My Saleen did not come with a bracket and after much searching I did not find one that did not require any drilling into the front facia, or bumper like my local Ford Dealer suggested I do.

So, I've created one and I am putting some pictures out there to see what everyone thinks. It is patent pending andIam now reproducing them for sale. If you are interested, want to see more photosor have any questions, let me know at my home email address, toeyotacraig@***.net. The one you see photos of is the one I keep on my car. There are small variations in the bracket for different cars. It comes hand polished andgets a lot of compliments at the local car shows.

This bracket does not require drilling what so ever andcomes withstainless steel hardware and all the appropriate rubber bumpersand such to protect the paint from abrasion.I've had it up to 120mph with absolutely no problems. I can make brackets for the (V6 or V8) GT, GT/CS, Roush, Saleens, Shelby GT.GT500 is in the works.

Hope you like it. I do! Have a good one and drive it like you stole it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/61912/A6A93B93A99041578FF0884D991F5044.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61912/784BD37AA4A146ACAEBB7F7EB0D195E0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 PM
imgmoney

Default RE: 05-07 Mustang Front License Plate Bracket

I just bought a 2007 gt/cs and found Craig in this forum. He went to the Ford Dealer and test fit a bracket for the gt/cs to make sure it would fit since it has a different front fascia. I ordered it from him and it came today and I installed it in 5 minutes. Sure beats having to drill holes in my car. If I get a chance I will see if I can post some pictures tom. Anyone not wanting to put holes in the front of their cars I would highly recommend contacting Craig.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:00 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

hey thats nice but i still dont like having a plate on the front but since i have to run one i made one of my own as well and now it sits on the drivers side on the lower portion of the car.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:09 AM
sixbanger06
1st Gear Member

I live in Ohio and we have to have front plates. The dealer drills holes and mounts the brackets on the car as soon as they get them.... so im outta luck it was already on when i bought the car
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
torqjnky
2nd Gear Member

You know I noticed that when I went to take measurments at my local Ford Dealer. The only cars they didn't drill were the Roush and GT's that didn't have the license plateinsert already molded into thefront fascia. One of my customers took his car back to the dealer and had them refill the holes and repaint the bumper because he didn't want the holes either. Have a good one.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Got_Stang?

ORIGINAL: imgmoney

I just bought a 2007 gt/cs and found Craig in this forum. He went to the Ford Dealer and test fit a bracket for the gt/cs to make sure it would fit since it has a different front fascia. I ordered it from him and it came today and I installed it in 5 minutes. Sure beats having to drill holes in my car. If I get a chance I will see if I can post some pictures tom. Anyone not wanting to put holes in the front of their cars I would highly recommend contacting Craig.

How do get in contact with Craig about this bracket? Thanks.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:46 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Wish I had seen this before I allowed them to drill the holes. Nice bracket.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:48 PM
torqjnky
2nd Gear Member

Got Stang, email me at toeyotacraig@***.net. I will send you all the info you need.

Craig
Old 04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
ALLCHEST
1st Gear Member

I live in Texas and we have to have front license plates as well but I don't care. I will not put a plate on the front holes or not, it makes the car look so tacky. The front end of S197'sare their best feature, the cops can write me tickets all day long (haven't got one yet) Ill just pay them. When my plates arrivedI went to the dealer and my salesperson grabbed the plates and all the hardware, screwed in the back platefirst then attempted to begin screwing holes in the front. I stopped him and pointed to the Sonic Blue GT/CS they had on display and said, "If you screw holes in this bumper I will be driving off with that one instead!" He seemed so confused and told me I was the first customer who didn't want plates on the front. I'm thinking.......What in the world??????? I then told him, "and take off that rediculous dealer badge mounted on the back." He seemed insulted and asked how his dealership will advertise, I stated, "Well, the license bracket you put over my back plate says your dealership name, but don't worry that will come off as soon as I get home."

No hard feelings toward my salesperson, he was actually awesome. It just amazes me that people allow holes to be drilled for license plates??????????????

Nice Invention!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:31 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ALLCHEST

I live in Texas and we have to have front license plates as well but I don't care. I will not put a plate on the front holes or not, it makes the car look so tacky. The front end of S197'sare their best feature, the cops can write me tickets all day long (haven't got one yet) Ill just pay them. When my plates arrivedI went to the dealer and my salesperson grabbed the plates and all the hardware, screwed in the back platefirst then attempted to begin screwing holes in the front. I stopped him and pointed to the Sonic Blue GT/CS they had on display and said, "If you screw holes in this bumper I will be driving off with that one instead!" He seemed so confused and told me I was the first customer who didn't want plates on the front. I'm thinking.......What in the world??????? I then told him, "and take off that rediculous dealer badge mounted on the back." He seemed insulted and asked how his dealership will advertise, I stated, "Well, the license bracket you put over my back plate says your dealership name, but don't worry that will come off as soon as I get home."

No hard feelings toward my salesperson, he was actually awesome. It just amazes me that people allow holes to be drilled for license plates??????????????

Nice Invention!
I here ya man, and I agree about it hurtin the look..but Im from Jersey. I shouldnt need to say more. Just not the kind of place where you can get away with much. Awell..the day I upgrade the front Facsia I may just say screw it, run without a front plate, and hope for the best.

Quick Reply: 05-07 Mustang Front License Plate Bracket