Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cant lock keys in car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:59 PM
NomadSteve
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Cant lock keys in car?

I'd imagien it only works if the ignition is off and you leave the keys in and lock it. It assumes that if the engine is running, that you are in it driving.

Just a guess.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

I have aftermarket alarm system on it and this one locks the door a couple of seconds after you start up the car. it's something i wish the stock alarm would've done. My friends dad got carjacked like that, the doors were unlocked after start up and some dude at a supermarket jumped in the car pretending he wasone of his buddies.... [:'(]

-DG
Old 04-25-2007, 10:14 PM
mustangfreak417
2nd Gear Member

i just tried rollin down the window using the unlock button and it doesn't work.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
TRYMY4.0
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

ORIGINAL: TRYMY4.0

Now I just wish the manual trans cars would auto lock the doors like the autos when you start moving.

mine does. i dunno why yours doesn't.
No way! you're lying, lol. Really you have stick and yours auto lock after moving? Aftermarket alarm or anything?

stock alarm, stock everything. it auto locks after in i dunno, 5-10mph
Old 04-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Well what the hey. I never lock my doors, and go through some pretty bad areas on the occasion. This disturbes me now, lol. Must make sure to lock doors!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:29 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

interesting
Old 04-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Jens07stang
1st Gear Member

Well what the hey. I never lock my doors, and go through some pretty bad areas on the occasion. This disturbes me now, lol. Must make sure to lock doors!
I'm going to have to check all this stuff out tomorrow. Thanks for this info Stoenr! I never even thought about my manual not autolocking while I drive, as my old car did.

I read something about being able to roll the windows down with your keyfob in another thread, but that it only works on the 05s thenFord took it away.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:09 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

The only way that I have been able to lock the door with the car running is by pressing the key fob button. I live in Colorado and when I start my car on cold days Ilock my car doors to prevent an easy theft. I use the second key for to lock the doors while the car is running and the keys are in the ignition. Pressing lock on your key fob will lock the doors, even with your keys in the ignition. Only while pressing the down button on the door and then shutting the door will reopen and prevent the car from locking.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:25 PM
lmarlo

Here's my sequence: press unlock (fob is in my right hand), open the door (with my left hand) , press lock, get in. Done. That way, the headlamps go off quickly, and the doors are locked. You don't want to drive with 'em unlocked. Besides security issues, if the worst happens, I don't want any body parts flying around because of an open door.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Country1969

I just wish my wife's 2002 Saturn SC2 had it. She seems to lock her keys in it once or twice a year.

The first I do is maybe turn down the stereo when pulling into the driveway,so I don't get BLASTED AWAY the next morning or that same night when I go out.

Then I shut the car off and REMOVE the keys right then.

I guess she shuts the car off,fixes her hair, grabs her lunch,grabs her purse and locks the doors.
Then I get a phone to bring her the extra key that I have on my keychain. Oh well.................
Sounds like your wife needs to use the key fob to lock the doors, instead of pushing the "lock" button, especially since the 2002 Saturn SC2s all had remote keyless entry from the factory. (I got rid of my 2002SC2 back in Dec, to get my GT)

Quick Reply: Cant lock keys in car?