Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my 07 today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:49 AM
joemagna
2nd Gear Member

Default Got my 07 today!

hello all, My name is Joe, Im 36yo and I'm a mustangaholic. Wanted a Mustang GT since I was 15 and my friends had them, but i was too poor to have one. Then had children, got married (in that order too hehehe). I went back to school in 04 and now have a job makin some decent cash. So as a graduation present to myself, and after I bought CX-7 for wife, I traded in my old, used explorer for my first Mustang GT Premium.

She is black with tan leather interior, the upgraded dash with my color, shaker 500 (amp and 10in pioneer sub outta my explorer is going in trunk tomorrow), polished alum 18's, 5 speed manual and curled tip chrome exhaust.

After seeing pix here, Ive got to lower it. that looks sweet! Then Im going CAI/ tuner. Plus, i looked at a used 07 with some loud *** pipes, JB or something like that, gotta get those. Ill post pictures as soon as I can find my old, broke down half the time, wife,err, i mean camera.

I had it for like 1 hour, and my buddy who owns an RX8 (stock) said he was gonna smoke me this weekend. But from reading here, i dont think that'll happen.

Glad to be a member!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:58 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Got my 07 today!

Welcome to MF! Be safe around that RX8. Post pics when you can...
Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Congrats Joe, and Welcome....

Let her break in a bit before you splash the RX8.....

Mike
Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 AM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Welcome!!

As for your buddy with the RX-8, read my story in the Street / Strip section. I murdered one the other night, wasnt even close.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

That's great..post some pics whenever possible.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

CONGRATS~[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 04-25-2007, 10:31 AM
NomadSteve
1st Gear Member

Congrats! You sound excited and it's contageous. Your story sounds like mine. Oh I've owned one stang before, but it was an LX vert with V6. Really my daughters car though.

Do break it in and change the oil before abusing it though. Vary your driving a lot - city stop and go, highway, etc. No loooong trips where you stay at 65 for hours. Besides, telling your buddy with the RX8 to wait until it's broken in will drive him crazy

Post up some pics of it we we call all enjoy.

Steve
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
joemagna
2nd Gear Member

hehe, Thanks for the welcomes. And for all the good advice! I have been reading here a bit over last couple weeks, and think I am familiar with the break in techniques. However much they differ from one opinion to the next. Best I can do is go with the majority and decide for myself. As far as long trips, I am driving to Talladega this weekend for NASCAR race. (yeah, im a little red). Im in Huntsville Al, so its about 180 miles. I plan on taking state roads so I can vary speeds and rpms. From what Ive read on this site,this should be ok. Then I am leaving Dega, and going to Louisville Ky for Derby week. This is where my RX8 buddy lives. So should be somewhat broken in by then, Ill stop and get oil changed after 1k to. Then Ill have some Mazda sandwich for lunch.

I am so giddy bout this car, I got up for work at 5am (2 hours early) cuz I couldnt wait to drive it!!!! Damn, Im tearing up now thinking about it.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

WELCOME, and [sm=signs003.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]with your new STANG. Have a safe trip to Talledega, and Lool'vile.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:22 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

Welcome. Let her break in a little before you open her up. As for the RX8 it will be the first in a long line of imports that want to run with you.

Quick Reply: Got my 07 today!