Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Severe hail damage.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Severe hail damage.

ORIGINAL: ffk_pennywise

ORIGINAL: bplemmons

I live in the St. Louis area too. (St. Peters)What town were you in that got hit? Hail damage has alway been one of my biggest fears. I drive a $500 car this time of year (and in the winter) because of it.

Sorry to hear it bro. I know I would be upset.
I live in Herculaneum which is next to Festus (15 min south of South County). I just got back from the paintless dent removal place and they quoted me $2330. Every single panel has dents but luckily theyre not too big. They said it shoudnt be a problem. I also took the car to a bodyshop and they said dent removal was the way to go. Just gotta get the insurance guy to take a look. The car got off easy compared to the siding on my house.
Sorry to hear about the hail.

I live in Fenton and work in Earth City. Last year on Feb 16th at 2:50pm my GT was hit bad by hail. Called my insurance company, took it ot the adjuster, the took it to Dave Sinclair for repairs. Had to rent a car for about a week but the insurance paid that.
The hood cannot be repaired its aluminum and will have to be replaced. (good news for you)

I have $4000 in damages. Dent removal, new hood painted to match car color.

Call your insurance company they will take care of everything.........very painless.

Except for looking at the car and trying to figure out what you have done in your life to be treated do badly. The real bad thing about this whole ordeal is now your going to have to drive a piece of crap rental for a while. How demoralizing.

I fell your pain man.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 PM
chays446
2nd Gear Member

The hood cannot be repaired its aluminum and will have to be replaced. (good news for you)
+1........they got out all of the dents on my car,,except for the hood
Old 04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

STL here too.. we should all get together and morn the hail damage... (and have a beer and admire our cars)..
I'm pretty sure I would have a tear in my eye after that.

Same thing happened to my Mazda 6 a few years ago.. I looked outside and thought.. man.. that looks bad (green sky.. still).. and sure as **** I see this white mothball fall from the sky.. I dash outside and try to move the car under a tree... I had to sit there and listen to it get pounded for what felt like forever.

Paintless dent removal worked wonders.. but the damage was not that bad.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:56 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Wow new hood, huh? The dent guy told me he could get em all out. If I get a new hood its either going to be Cervinis ram air hood or Steeda's cowl (the shorter one). Although I have a lot of dents, theyre all small so I'm not to concerned about that. I am worried about the vinyl stripes. I would think that once its been puckered in, its not coming back out. I have an appt with allstate on Monday to get it inspected. Hopefully I can walk away witha few hundred in my pocket and get an intake and tune!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:32 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ffk_pennywise

Wow new hood, huh? The dent guy told me he could get em all out. If I get a new hood its either going to be Cervinis ram air hood or Steeda's cowl (the shorter one). Although I have a lot of dents, theyre all small so I'm not to concerned about that. I am worried about the vinyl stripes. I would think that once its been puckered in, its not coming back out. I have an appt with allstate on Monday to get it inspected. Hopefully I can walk away witha few hundred in my pocket and get an intake and tune!
Your dent guy is full of crap. The hood must be replaced and any insurance adjuster will tell you that.

After the adjuster estimates the damage, oh, by the way they check your car in a garage thats lighted specifically for seeing small dings, then he will give you a list ofFord dealers that they recommend. The Ford dealer you take it to will take care of the dent removal, install/fit you new hood and paint to match.

My insurance comany is American Family...........good company to work with.

So, take the car to the adjuster.
Next order the hood of your dreams - have it shipped to the dealer doing the work.
Drop your car off at the dealers...........for about a week.
The dealer will also offer a rental car.

Be prepared to be totally bored out of your mind driving to work in a rental. Man, thats painful.

There ya go.............now get that Mustang fixed.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

insurance gonna cover it?? i kno it did for my truck..
Old 04-26-2007, 09:41 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 04-27-2007, 03:26 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let us know the cost to repair the damage!
Old 04-27-2007, 04:12 AM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Speedyejl

Dude those pics made me sick to the stomach

So bad I just let one rip

I'm in a computer lab, people are noticing the smell

Godamn hail
LMFAO
Old 04-27-2007, 01:14 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

GT John, thx for the info! To be fair, the dent guy never actually touched my car, he just walked around and counted dents to get me an estimate. He may not have know its an aluminum hood. I'm going to the adjusters garage on Monday morning. I'll update the thread with what happened. I was debating on a Cervinis ram air hood or a cowl hood. I'm going to put a new intake on so I'll probably go with the cowl. Anyone know how much insurance pays for an OEM hood?