Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broke my shift knob...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:14 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Default Broke my shift ****...

Yeah, I'm an idiot!!!! Some how I broke my freakin' shift ****...I think I may have screwed it on too tight when I put my short throw shifter in!!! It is usable just annoying...the plastic in the middle in now loose and any time you grab it tight is move around...it is kinda fun to just push it around when sitting at stop lights.......So yeah now I have an excuse to get a new one...I don't want any ones in the shape of a ball....and I like the Roush billet ones...but HELLO...I'm in AZ...120+ in the freakin' shade in the summer, fry an egg on asphalt, pop windshields out of cars heat....not going to happen....Maybe I can find a leather combo....new boot and ****....I know redline has a boot, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the stiching....any thoughts....
Old 04-29-2007, 11:44 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Broke my shift ****...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 04-30-2007, 12:37 AM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

+1
Old 04-30-2007, 01:36 AM
forstfed

Ponyman, let me know if you find a decent leather or composite shift ***. I'm up in Cottonwood and this all metal shift **** is gettin almost too hot to the touch already.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:51 AM
OZ_Tambo
1st Gear Member

+1, +1 need pics
Old 04-30-2007, 02:44 AM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyman

Yeah, I'm an idiot!!!! Some how I broke my freakin' shift ****...I think I may have screwed it on too tight when I put my short throw shifter in!!! It is usable just annoying...the plastic in the middle in now loose and any time you grab it tight is move around...it is kinda fun to just push it around when sitting at stop lights.......So yeah now I have an excuse to get a new one...I don't want any ones in the shape of a ball....and I like the Roush billet ones...but HELLO...I'm in AZ...120+ in the freakin' shade in the summer, fry an egg on asphalt, pop windshields out of cars heat....not going to happen....Maybe I can find a leather combo....new boot and ****....I know redline has a boot, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the stiching....any thoughts....
Okay, let me see if I have this straight...
You say you broke your **** fromscrewing too tight while trying to put your short shifter in. And now you say it is fun to grab your knoband play with it while waiting at stop lights. So were these freudian slips intentional and meant to be funny or could this actually be a sign of a repressed libidinous appetite?

j/k
Old 04-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

I had my stock shift know break too. On mine the silver piece on top that tells you what gear you're in broke off, but I got a new on under warrenty. -Andrew
Old 04-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lees07GT

ORIGINAL: ponyman

Okay, let me see if I have this straight...
You say you broke your **** fromscrewing too tight while trying to put your short shifter in. And now you say it is fun to grab your knoband play with it while waiting at stop lights. So were these freudian slips intentional and meant to be funny or could this actually be a sign of a repressed libidinous appetite?

j/k
Is that similar to "flogging the dolphin"??

sorry........3rd shift, sleeeepy, but getting ready to go home!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

That sucks... better not race and pull that thing off[8D]