Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT Tune and Cooling Fan

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Default SCT Tune and Cooling Fan

I have had my SCT 93 OCT Tune in my car for about a week and Ive noticed that the Cooling Fan stays on alot more than it used to before I put in the tune. Does anyone with SCT Tune have this going on? Is it normal? Are there any bad long term effects from the fan running like that? Sorry about all the questions

Thanks for the Input!!!

Nate
Old 04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SCT Tune and Cooling Fan

Hello brother!

You can use your tuner to adjust the temps that the low and high speed fans come on. I set my low speed to 200 and the high speed to 220. Seems to be working pretty well for me right now. I don't think there's any harm in having the fans run more, I just found it annoying when it wasn't really necessary.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

I want to rename myself to the Fifth Horseman... I got my tunes from Brenspeed and they run the fan as well... I think the 1 HP that the fan may draw, while anoying, works to cool the engine down... and as I understand, a cooler = more performance and efficiency? I'm by no means an expert, and my logic could be wrong...
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 PM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Fourth Horseman!!! With the fans set at those temps, does your motor still run cool like normal, as it did stock? Do I just go into Custom tune on my tuner to adjust the fan settings?

Thanks again Pale Horse of Death
Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
tedBalog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

I want to rename myself to the Fifth Horseman... I got my tunes from Brenspeed and they run the fan as well... I think the 1 HP that the fan may draw, while anoying, works to cool the engine down... and as I understand, a cooler = more performance and efficiency? I'm by no means an expert, and my logic could be wrong...
No, engines are designed to run withina certian temperature range. You'll actually get better efficiency once the engine is at the temperature it's designed to be.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The_Third_Horseman

Thanks Fourth Horseman!!! With the fans set at those temps, does your motor still run cool like normal, as it did stock? Do I just go into Custom tune on my tuner to adjust the fan settings?

Thanks again Pale Horse of Death
With the fans set the way I have them now, they actually come on more frequently than when the car was stock. I do not know what Ford sets the fans to, but it's obviously higher than 200 for low and 220 for high. In any event, I've noticed no change in coolant temps with this set up than what I was seeing stock. I'll have to re-evaluate that when the weather gets into the high 90s and low 100s this summer, but right now the coolant temp gauge shows the same range of normal operating temps that I saw bone stock.

In your tuner you can customize tune settings. Just page through until you find the fan speed temps. It's really easy.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:54 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

+1000000 Better safe than sorry

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06