Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the stearship make a big fuss?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

Default Will the stearship make a big fuss?

Last time i got an oil change my car was 100% stock. Now I have a tunnable induction intake and a tune will the dealership make a fuss out of this and try to voil a warranty or something?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Will the stearship make a big fuss?

It all depends on your dealer. If you're that worried about it, you could revert everything to stock, shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. But if you do, make sure to read the last part of this: https://mustangforums.com/m_3117585/tm.htm

But just to let you know, the dealer CAN'T void your warranty for ANY mods. It is ILLEGAL. Do some searching on the subject, it will help explain it a lot more.

But they can refuse to work on something, if a mod caused the problem. For example, you supercharger your car and you blow your motor or something. But if anything else goes wrong, they have to fix it.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:15 AM
brewcity
2nd Gear Member

it all depends on your stealership some will some wont but to be safe just put back the stock air box and load the stock tune and you should be fine.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:59 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Im just guessing, but I really wouldnt think that would be a problem. I mean its just an oil change. Tune and intake have nothing to do with that; Id only be worried if I were taking it in for a problem related to those upgrades.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 AM
roothog69
1st Gear Member

For the time it takes to swap over to stock just do the oil change yourself. It's sad but I don't even trust the stealerships to do oil changes, plus they want $79.99 forSynthetic, I can do it myself for half that.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I was just at my dealer recently asking about warrenty voids and my first question was chassic stiffening: Doesn't void if you don't change the function of the suspension. I.E. lowering it. So I can put on all the strut tower etc. braces. Next I asked about exhaust and a axleback muffler is ok but not changing the exhaust system, I.E. dual on a V6 or X/H systems. Last I asked about motor, and they said Ford is cracking down on "tunes" etc. that they alter function of motor and void warrenty. So this is what my dealer said, others might be different. I suggest doing your oil change somewere else or do it yourself, just keep the reciept for documentation.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

If you don't want to do an oil change, just go somewhere like jiffy lube or valvoline.... They document the date and mileage of the car so you'll be covered, and it won't show on their report that you put on a *gasp* aftermarket intake [sm=yikesomg.gif]
Old 04-27-2007, 10:47 AM
tedBalog
2nd Gear Member

I suggest you just do it by yourself. Dealerships around here have teenagers changing oil, probably using an impact wrench [&:].

If you're unsure how to do it, Taco Bill wrote a guide, should be of extreme help. Not to mention doing it yourself will save you boatloads of money.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:55 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif]

ORIGINAL: roothog69

For the time it takes to swap over to stock just do the oil change yourself. It's sad but I don't even trust the stealerships to do oil changes, plus they want $79.99 forSynthetic, I can do it myself for half that.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

I will never go to my dealership for an oil change again, the last time I was in, they told me my whole waranty is void. I told them we will see about that if/when my car needs to be fixed. It also took them an hour and 45 minutes to do a damn oil change!

Quick Reply: Will the stearship make a big fuss?