Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review on SLP Loudmouths and Pypes Violators (Go ahead, flame me)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:46 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default Review on SLP Loudmouths and Pypes Violators (Go ahead, flame me)

Ok. I reported earlier this week I got the pypes violators (Straight-through offset, with many perforated holes inside)and they appeared used... Well, I put them on anyways. Flame me. I dont care so you won't get a response. I also club baby seals you gonna flame me for that too?

Then I tried out some SLP loudmouths (Not even a muffler, just a straight through pipe).

Thoughts, for anyone who is wondering how to proceed...

Pypes Violators:

The Pypes Violators had a horrible time lining up straight. I had to bend the hangers a bit...

Clamps were bad, in fact I think they were too small... The middle hour-glass spacer thingy bent badly because the whole thing was too small.

The sound was a tone, rather than a rumble. My immediate thought was Honda. A constant buuuuurrrrrr tone. Ugh. I was almost embarrassed sometimes.

Drone was horrible. I narrowed it down to between 1K and 1500 rpms, but some drone was always there... In fact, the inside of the car started developing rattles it had never had before, specifically when I would hit the gas.

The violators sounded great at WOT. MEAN MEAN MEAN.But it had to be true WOT.

The youtube clips of violators are taken at WOT, hence the awesome sound. I'll admit there was a better sound outside of the vehicle rather than in, but it was really bad inside. Flashbacks of my Eclipse days filled my head.

Grade: C... The big tips looked cool, and the WOT sound was great. Many people like them, so they can't be as bad as I'm thinking.. You can't go wrong for $200 shipped.

And now onto the SLP Loudmouths...

It was bad that you have to clamp the tip to the pipe and then the pipe to the car, but in reality this actually helped it line up perfect since you have double the adjustment possibilities. After 15 minutes line up of one was dead-on for the first one.

Never used such perfectly fit clamps in my life. The clamped down smooth and easy and the middle spacer thingy moved perfectly to the middle and clamped in FULLY. No exaggeration.

The Loudmouths sound mean, like the stock mufflers, but a lot louder. They are raspy too. Best description is the cross of a true muscle car and a Nascar at WOT. Imagine the rumble and add in some noticeable raspiness.

They idle fine, but can get LOUD on acceleration. You can control it by not accelerating too much, but even a slightly aggressive accel gets them LOUD.

Now, they aren't insanely loud that you'll scare people around you, but their volume is something to take into consideration if you live in a place with specific volume laws or muffler laws. Im in arizona so we have a muffler law, so im a bit nervous, but I'd get pulled over for my limo tint much easier than for these SLP volumes.

I did a normal accel on a green light with my parents driving next to me. I wasn't going hard at all, but I did leave their slownessbehind. They said they heard me accelerating up to a 1000 feet away, inside their window-closed SUV.

Cruising is good, but not perfect. In 5th at normal road speed, like 45mph, you can hear the mufflers give a constant level sound. Not bad, or annoying, but eh some may like it quieter at normal driving.

NO DRONE. Wow, impressed. No drone. It was heaven on the first drive. Its almost like YOU control the sound. The more you gas it, the more you hear it. No dealing with drone at certain dreaded rpms.

Grade: A-...Nothing is perfect, and neither are these, but boy are they damn close.

THANK YOU ALL OK MAYBE I SHOULD REALLY SHUT UP NOW!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Review on SLP Loudmouths and Pypes Violators (Go ahead, flame me)

SLP Loudmouths FTW!!!