Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound off on '04 SVT or 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 04:16 AM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sound off on '04 SVT or 05 GT

hahahahahaha i love that logic. he has less power off the spray so will have less traction issues than you (and unless he's crazier than he looks, i doubt he sprays on launch). you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage saying street tires only.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:29 AM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phil_bradley

I'd do the '03 Cobra, but go with a Coupe.

Aftermarket for them is much more strong at this point than the aftermarket for the '05. Plus, xRockThePonyx had a good point about it being the first year and recalls and stuff going wrong and all...

'04 Cobra Coupe fo sho!
Start a poll about it!
YES!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

LOL> 1fast. Anything done to youres yet? Im running a 14.3 without the Nitrous. If i sprayed on you and we were at the track ( Ask OB, i can drive like a mad man, lol) i would use my street radials that i have because they are already on my rims, just waiting for the winter months to be gone away. So i would have to put on my street tires i have in my basement. Then i would STILL take you up on youre offer ( depeneding on youre mods and if youre stock.) and.... Whoop youre monkey ***. I already raced my co-worker him in a 05 Gt, black. I posted pics in an ealier post and me in my dads 97 Cobra and put 1-2 cars on him. I work for a Ford dealership and i know how they go. Im not very impressed.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:33 PM
blank
2nd Gear Member

go with the svt
Old 12-14-2004, 02:01 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Although the 05' GT with the 300 Screaming ponies is attractive, a supercharged modular with 390HP is a little more attractive. It's almost like comparing Jessica Simpsoin to her little sister, there is no comparison.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:10 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

LOL> 1fast. Anything done to youres yet? Im running a 14.3 without the Nitrous. If i sprayed on you and we were at the track ( Ask OB, i can drive like a mad man, lol) i would use my street radials that i have because they are already on my rims, just waiting for the winter months to be gone away. So i would have to put on my street tires i have in my basement. Then i would STILL take you up on youre offer ( depeneding on youre mods and if youre stock.) and.... Whoop youre monkey ***. I already raced my co-worker him in a 05 Gt, black. I posted pics in an ealier post and me in my dads 97 Cobra and put 1-2 cars on him. I work for a Ford dealership and i know how they go. Im not very impressed.
I dont have an 05, but if your running 14.3s stock, I would still race you on the juice with a 05. (BTW I would also race you in my car)

The point is not to compare engines or cars, the point is you call it a "pansy car" and yet your's still isnt as fast. What are you running with the juice on, low to mid 13s or so? With a great launch???

You realise that a 05 with a custom tune, drag radials, and gears would competely RAPE you right?

I wouldnt call any car that can whip up on mine a "pansy car".

BTW you are racing a competely stock car with stock crap *** ford tires (read: narrower than yours), and your car running a shot of nitrous and various other bolt ons, and you put 1-2 cars on him, and arnt impressed???????
Old 12-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

I didnt race the 05 Gt with my car. It was with my dads 97 Cobra. lol. I drove 3 of these now. Im not impressed. Yeah sure with mods im sure i would be impressed. It is to me a "pansy car" Sorry bro. Personal thoughts. I realize a 3valve 4.6 with 300hp comapired to my 2 valve 4.6 with 225 is nothing to compair. I have RWHP of 207, 282ft lbs. I realize my car is nothing to talk great about stock. But im pretty happy with my 14.3's with 207 RWHP. Thats off the juice. I dont know how much im pushing with the Nitrous, because its winter here in New England and its up for winter. So i wont know until spring hits. Im gonna get new numbers with the drag radials off the nitrous. Then once i get those number, im gonna spray and get new times. BUT im absolutly sure i can whoop *** on a stock 05 gt. Im pretty happy with my car. I dont have alot of mods and i hang with/beat 99+ cars.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Evil Sephiroth
2nd Gear Member

I dont understand you at all Casper, Your talking about whooping on an 05GT, Your not even running 13's!!! a stock 05 GT will will win!

You have to reliaze that you have had like 6 years to mod out your 98, give the 05's some time to get their mods done. I mean who really keeps their GT's Stock!! Nobody I know.

Panzy car? It eats all the other Stock Gt's So all other Mustang GT's are even a greater waste of time? Why are you even in Mustang Forums if you think so lowly of them! Goto a Cobra forum then!

Just my .02
Old 12-14-2004, 09:04 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

REALLY![:@]
ORIGINAL: Evil Sephiroth

I dont understand you at all Casper, Your talking about whooping on an 05GT, Your not even running 13's!!! a stock 05 GT will will win!

You have to reliaze that you have had like 6 years to mod out your 98, give the 05's some time to get their mods done. I mean who really keeps their GT's Stock!! Nobody I know.

Panzy car? It eats all the other Stock Gt's So all other Mustang GT's are even a greater waste of time? Why are you even in Mustang Forums if you think so lowly of them! Goto a Cobra forum then!

Just my .02
Old 12-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

LMAO... think so lowly. I just personally dont like the new 05 GT. Whats wrong with you? Just stated that i didnt like it and i thought it didnt feel fast, or feel like the other GT's. Or even the SVT's i test drive. It doesnt feel like it has 300 horse. I NEVER said i dont like Mustangs. lol. If you KNEW ME what so ever you wouldnt have even posted that. So stop wasting youre time. Im a ford tech, specializing in Mustangs and SVT. lol. Its no wonder its the fastest GT, technology is only going to make it faster. But its the technology that makes it not mod friendly without doing something to the computer.
And i dont run a 13 NA, youre right. Thats why i installed Nitrous.
I realize its been 6 years since my 98 came out. But there still isnt as much as there is for the 5.0. reason being different type of engine.
So to finish... Its my personal belife that the 05 is not a favorite of mine... I can say my personal thoughts on here right???? Because thats all i did from point 1.
Why are you even in Mustang Forums if you think so lowly of them! Goto a Cobra forum then!
I think the whole point of this post is to let this guy in weather he should buy a SVT or a GT. I told him what i thought he should buy and why. Its just what i think. Thats all.

Quick Reply: Sound off on '04 SVT or 05 GT