Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel embarrassed, raced a pesky Sixer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:02 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I feel embarrassed, raced a pesky Sixer.

ORIGINAL: whitevert232

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Since when did my comment apply to every V-6 owner? I think I specifically took 4LITER6's quote, he seems cool with my retort(my props to him, never said anyone should take my sh*t), so I apologize for making any V-6 owners having their egos bruised(sad when every comment, perception and/or explanation of a story needs to come with a disclaimer because someone doesn't read it THOROUGHLY and further explanations are necessary[&o]). Sorry to have gotten under your skin with my careless, thoughtless and insensitive original post. Last time I checked, this is America we live in, right? Remember? Freedom of Speech? 1stAmendment? I respect yourreply, but you're assumption that I'm a jerk is a little below the belt.
I understand what you're saying. I see punks all time in v6's starting crap. I, myself have a v6. That being said, even the big bad GT's get the case of the ego's pretty often. The other night I was coming home from work and I was taking some country roads home. I saw way ahead of me, a real nice new edge GT (the aftermarket exhaust gave it away even from that distance). He musta seen and made a freakin u-turn to turn around so he could make another u to get behind me. I am most obviously a 6, there's no mistaking it. So he kept gunning it to get right on my tail, finally he nailed it and blew by me. I waived nicely and kept driving, after all wtf could I do. He musta felt pretty good about himself, maybe even did some bragging about beating an S197 (leaving out the part it had 2 less cylinders than his car). I thought we were all Mustang enthusiasts? Do you think if I could afford a GT I wouldn't have gotten one. I feel he shoulda been out messin with Chargers, Magnums or GTO's or hell even better yet... some ricers. So don'ttell me about sixers ego's. The egothing goes both ways. I enjoy my car and know it's limitations therefore I don't race. Sorry a 6 annoyed you, but sometimes we're the ones who are annoyed.

[/quote]

I agree, I didn't buy my V6 to race other cars especially other Mustangs. I bought it for the looks. At the time when I purchased it, I could have bought a GT500 but then again, I'm not out for a race. It's not that I couldn't afford the GT, I just didn't want to have to go out everyday and be confronted by some idiot who wants to race. I had no idea that my V6 would draw that same kind of attention. Like you, I just cruise along and let them drive foolishly if they must, I'm sure a cop will be waiting for them down the road.
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Although I hear Ford is scared to put the new Duratec V-6 in the 'Stang because it'll run really close to a GT(I think the new six is rated at 260+hp). I think they should put ina hotter V-6. All Mustangs should be 13 second(and better) cars off the showroom floor, since all the Mustang is competing with is itself. I now hear the Camaro and Challenger might be limited production cars(GM and DC can't seem to get the costs and weight down to put an appealing to the masses product out)
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

ORIGINAL: deutscherstang

running dead even, yeah...go look at rygens stang, i dont think that he would be running even w/ the GT guys, hed be ahead of them
Hmmmm, I'd love to dump a crap load to run 12's, wait a minute, that's only a few thousand bucks away, not a complete overhaul............okay, I quit, I'll just trade for a V-6 and spent a sh*t load to run 12's.............I think it's a Napoleon complex. Well, I apologize in advance. Sorry I bought a GT.[:@]
errr fazm put down over 400rwhp with a 6 with the ph turbo with no internal engine work or anything...rygen ran a 12.4 with no internal work on an auto with a totally stock tranny. GT = about 6k more than a 6er. spend 6-7k on a sixer, you CAN run mid 12's if you do it right.buy a gt and spend 1k...you would be real lucky to break into 12's... There are what, four 6ers that have run pretty deep 12's on stock internals/tranny on daily drivers, and 2 that have broken 400rwhp. Hell flapjack is making 440rwhp. Raynebowcyxx from the collective ran a 12.8 with the procharger with an open dif, and the stock tires. Are there any non f/i gt's that have run in the 12's on the stock pirrelis? don't even think about the part that he still has spent 1-2k less than it would cost to buy a gt, and with gears/locker he will probably be mid 12's and god damn put some dr's on it... Those are just the privately owned ones too. PHP and powerhouse have both run deep 11's on stock internals/tranny more than just a few times on cars that are driven quite often. Not saying the six is better cause its not, but your logic is extremely flawed. Oh and btw gt500 traps around 115-116...gt traps around 103-104, v6 traps around 93-94. gt500 runs low 12's, gt runs mid 13's, 4.0 can run high 14's...If all are driven well, the gt500 will walk away from a stock gt just as hard if not a lot harder than a gt will walk away from a sixer.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:15 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Point taken. Never said the capabilities of the sixer are in question, but you know those turbo systems are not 50 state legal(I do live in the smog capital). I did ask what you guys think, didn't I? All GT guys are sure a GT can run closer to a GT500 stock for stock and all Six guys are sure they can keep up stock for stock with a GT better than a GT to a GT500.......we all want to defend our choices.
btw talented guys will get low 12's with a FI'd V-6 just as I've seen talented guys get high 10's low 11's with streetable FI'd GTs.......but I accept the fact that the Sixers' internals might be a bit more durable stock for stock than the GTs........