Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed aluminum driveshaft!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 07:00 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just installed aluminum driveshaft!

ORIGINAL: moosestang

NO!!!!!!!!! Buy your intake and tunes from a real performance shop! Not some mail order hodge podge company. www.brenspeed.com or www.evoperform.com or B a m a ch ips . com

If you have a problem with your tune, no one is going to help you at rpmoutlet.

Don't do it! You will get superior performance and customer service from any of the three above, they actually make tunes for your car and mods, rpmoutlet just sells generic tunes.

ORIGINAL: Blackhawk07

Well I wont be buying the driveshaft from rpmuoutlet..ill just getthe aluminum one because i dont see my car going +600 rwhp for at least couple yrs..I will be buying one of their kits tho..it comes with pulleys,intake,programmer n throttle body..i bought my slp LM from them and didnt have any problems.
Considering Brenspeed and bamachips both never respond to emails - how about no.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:01 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Also to the OP, Im REALLY glad you posted this. I was torn on doing gears and doing an aluminum driveshaft... Since I can do the shaft myself and it wont hurt mpg or hurt the warranty chances as much, then im going in that direction. Seriously, thanks for your post.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:50 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Modular81,
Yes, my car is lowered with Steeda sport springs and yes, Coast recommends relocation of the hand brake cable bracket on lowered mustangs. I did check the clearance of the shaft to the bracket, its about 1 1/4" away and just off to the side of the shaft. It does not appear to be an issue at all as the shaft moves up and down with the rear suspension not from side to side. So contact with the shaft is not possible. The drive shaft pinion angle I think is another no issue item. The stock driveshaft center bearing assembly is mounted up high in the shaft tunnel.This makes the2nd half of the shaft come into the pinion flange at amuch higher angle than the angleof the one peice shaft. So, the stock shaft has more of an issue with the pinion angle than the one peice shaft. The angle of the shaft and the pinion is actually improved with the install of the one peice shaft. As I posted earlier, I hadvibration with the stock shaft, I have no vibration now. So, not only did this upgrade improve acceleration performance it removed a lot of slop in the driveline andthe whole car feelsmuch smoother. It is more of a pleasure to drive, that's for sure. Oh, and stangsuspension shipped it immediately, I had the shaft in 3 days from California UPS ground. They have been great, every order I have made with them has shipped really quick.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:03 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Jerjan... great post... 2 quick q's though

1. Is that 4" or 3.5"?
2. How does it feel when you downshift? One poster before (I think Moosestang) noticed that his Denny's DS didn't downshift as well as the stock one... is the same true for the aluminum?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

brenspeed has always responded to my emails in a timely manner. I call bullsh!t on you sir.

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

NO!!!!!!!!! Buy your intake and tunes from a real performance shop! Not some mail order hodge podge company. www.brenspeed.com or www.evoperform.com or B a m a ch ips . com

Don't do it! You will get superior performance and customer service from any of the three above, they actually make tunes for your car and mods, rpmoutlet just sells generic tunes.

Well I wont be buying the driveshaft from rpmuoutlet..ill just getthe aluminum one because i dont see my car going +600 rwhp for at least couple yrs..I will be buying one of their kits tho..it comes with pulleys,intake,programmer n throttle body..i bought my slp LM from them and didnt have any problems.
Considering Brenspeed and bamachips both never respond to emails - how about no.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

???????? Not me. Downshifting is where my stock driveshaft made the most noise, not so with the 1 piece. I did say the car doesn't slow down like it used to when downshifting, but that's not really a negative.

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

1. Is that 4" or 3.5"?
2. How does it feel when you downshift? One poster before (I think Moosestang) noticed that his Denny's DS didn't downshift as well as the stock one... is the same true for the aluminum?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:21 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Jay, 4" shaft, very big! Don't notice any difference in downshifting. With the stupid slow idle return on these cars downshifting really does'nt slow you down much anyway. Hey Moose you are right, Brenspeed is great, I agree, especially if you call and talk to a real person. They care, and it shows. They helped me with my Boost-a-pump install and they were just great!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerjan

So, the stock shaft has more of an issue with the pinion angle than the one peice shaft.
That's why Ford used a CV joint on the stock shaft, that and the CV joint can handle changes in pinion angle when the suspension movesbetter than a single U-joint.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

???????? Not me. Downshifting is where my stock driveshaft made the most noise, not so with the 1 piece. I did say the car doesn't slow down like it used to when downshifting, but that's not really a negative.

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

1. Is that 4" or 3.5"?
My bad Moosestang... thats what I meant... that it doesn't slow down as much....[&:] I'm kinda retarded when it comes to explaining some stuff.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

brenspeed has always responded to my emails in a timely manner. I call bullsh!t on you sir.

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

Call BS all you want. I know what happens. I never get a response from them. You keep ordering from them, I'll keep going elsewhere and telling others to go elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Just installed aluminum driveshaft!