Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have some money...what to do with it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Have some money...what to do with it?

how about tint? I personally think it pulls the look of the car together entierly. It will be my next mod especially since summer is near. Oh dont forget the moleskin either or else you be sorry you did! Theres a great write up all about it in tacobill's how to sticky!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Gears might be the way to go, but it won't happen for only $400.

Good Luck.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:23 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Just send it to me...problem solved, lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drew47000000

how about tint? I personally think it pulls the look of the car together entierly. It will be my next mod especially since summer is near. Oh dont forget the moleskin either or else you be sorry you did! Theres a great write up all about it in tacobill's how to sticky!
I can vouch for this. When I had my tint installed, I asked the guy about moleskin and he just said he didnt know what that was, and that it wouldnt scratch... so I trusted him. My mistake, now I have... probably going on 60+ scratches on the inside of both windows. Bought some moleskin and am about to have them redone the right way.

IMO, save a hundred more bucks or so and get yourself an intake and tune. Best early performance mod you can do.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:29 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

I suggest you put the money away and save up for a supercharger! What? Thats what I would do!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Gears - cant afford with $400
Hurst - Nice, but not necissary, many other things out there to go before.
Pulleys - Pointless
Tint - Not a mod (this should be done regardless if you live somewhere sunny)
CAI and tune - About $560 for average one from somewhere like brenspeed, no installation, take about an hour.

Personally save for the CAI and tune, buy the package set from somewhere like brenspeed, or if there is a shop around with a dyno and they have a good tuner, take it there. But getting it custom tuned will cost a bit more $$$ then a canned tune from a website.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hi, You have to figure what would make you happy. $400 won't get you much as far as performance mods that you would see or feel. But it could get you started on appearence mods that you'd see everyday. Stripes etc. or interior dress up. Sit back and think about what you want it to look like down the road and get started. I'm in the same boat. I can do a little each month, so each year I have a plan on what I want. Next year I already have stuff on the list. Just have fun.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Pulleys - Pointless
CAI and tune - About $560 for average one from somewhere like brenspeed, no installation, take about an hour.

Personally save for the CAI and tune, buy the package set from somewhere like brenspeed, or if there is a shop around with a dyno and they have a good tuner, take it there. But getting it custom tuned will cost a bit more $$$ then a canned tune from a website.
Your suggestion of CAI+tune nullifies your reason to go against gears. There are 2 very respected performance shops here in Houston who quoted me between $400 and $450 for ford 4.10 gears and install.

I'm not saying i'd go for gears over CAI+tune, just playing devil's advocate. [sm=devilgrin.gif]

I vote save for CAI+tune...gonna need the tuner when you get gears.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

I didnt say he could afford the CAI+Tune either. At the end of my thread i was just simply saying what i would personally do, not what he "could" do. $450 is pretty cheap, i was just going by the average price i see around which is in the $600 range out the door. I wasnt really going against gears either, just would be a bit odd ot go with that as your first mod, not saying thats bad or anything, just different.

ORIGINAL: TheDarkPath

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Pulleys - Pointless

Your suggestion of CAI+tune nullifies your reason to go against gears. There are 2 very respected performance shops here in Houston who quoted me between $400 and $450 for ford 4.10 gears and install.

I'm not saying i'd go for gears over CAI+tune, just playing devil's advocate. [sm=devilgrin.gif]

I vote save for CAI+tune...gonna need the tuner when you get gears.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:49 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Nitrous $500, best HP for the buck by far.

Quick Reply: Have some money...what to do with it?