Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you rate your Stangs????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 02:01 PM
SabreXray
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How do you rate your Stangs????

I have no CD player (shaker 500) -- CD error
I have a 12 -13 gallon gas tank (yes I can fill it in about 15 minutes IF I am feling patient).
My trunk emblem is solid silver (the black paint peeled clean off) at the car wash.

owned for 3 weeks put950 miles on so far (had 60 when I picked it up).

I am going to have a chat with my friendly Ford service department tomorrow.

JP
Old 05-08-2007, 11:15 AM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all the feedback, it seemed to turned into a GT vs V6 issue.

I want to know about any ISSUES that may cause concern for a new owner (V6 or GT) ? I have read a little of the thunking pages, any issues like that to seriously consider before going with the new stang? Is Ford making changes to address problems?

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

If you get the GT, don't get one that was built on a friday....or I just got a lemon. I have had nothing but problems with mine....
Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 PM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ndnboy

... I want to know about any ISSUES that may cause concern for a new owner (V6 or GT) ? ...
These vehicles probably have 2 serious problems: 1.) Nearly 15% of the owners out there on these forums have had water leaks into the passenger compartment [search the forums] and 2.) reputably the battery will go dead if the vehicle is left in the garage for more than a few days [again search the forums].

I have a 07GT vert [5 spd.] that is not a daily driver. I think some of the gas milage numbers posted here are somewhat optimistic. I drive my vehicle hard and my milage is 13.5 mpg to 15.5 mpg - something around 18 mpg overall sounds right in my mind. You can probably get 25 ~ 28 mph on a trip if you nurse it along; but this is unrealistic for overall driving circumstances no matter how you drive.

My vehicle is fairly well built, but I do not think its quality would withstand prolonged day-to-day driving. Anybody out there with 60,000 miles or more care to comment ???

Old 05-08-2007, 07:18 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mail906

... I want to know about any ISSUES that may cause concern for a new owner (V6 or GT) ? ...
These vehicles probably have 2 serious problems: 1.) Nearly 15% of the owners out there on these forums have had water leaks into the passenger compartment [search the forums] and 2.) reputably the battery will go dead if the vehicle is left in the garage for more than a few days [again search the forums].

I have a 07GT vert [5 spd.] that is not a daily driver. I think some of the gas milage numbers posted here are somewhat optimistic. I drive my vehicle hard and my milage is 13.5 mpg to 15.5 mpg - something around 18 mpg overall sounds right in my mind. You can probably get 25 ~ 28 mph on a trip if you nurse it along; but this is unrealistic for overall driving circumstances no matter how you drive.

My vehicle is fairly well built, but I do not think its quality would withstand prolonged day-to-day driving. Anybody out there with 60,000 miles or more care to comment ???

I have 600 miles on the clock now and get 29 mpg without trying. I set the cruise at 60 and forget it.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mail906

I previously mentioned that I am closing in on 49,000 miles. But I do not have a GT so I don't know about comparing as far as reliability and build of the car. It's a daily commuter. I also haven't had the water leak issue or the dead battery issue. I have had occasional Shaker 500 glitches, but nothing to worry about
Old 05-08-2007, 10:26 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

I want to know about any ISSUES that may cause concern for a new owner (V6 or GT) ?
2006 Mustang GT Premium (manual). Issues, I can give you...

1. Passenger water leak -- still unresolved.
2. Suspension thunk -- unresolved/"unreproducable" <-- apparently dealership techs thing new cars are supposed to sound like this.
3. Dash/door rattles
4. Weird stuff the computer does to "help you out". This includes keeping revs up between shifts, throttle lag, low fuel screams empty when actually guage says 1/2 tank, etc.
5. Clutch issues in wet weather.
6. Window scratching from the inside of the door (I have nice grooves in my driver's side window).
7. Cd player skips randomly, moreso with mp3 discs, which makes me kick myself for wanting the version that plays mp3 discs in the first place.
8. Dealership/Ford's basic inability to implement decent customer satisfaction/care (you may be aquainted with this already).

You probably think I hate this car. I don't exactly hate the car, because I love driving it, when it's not leaking or otherwise acting up. You can't beat the driving experience, but reliability and quality....well, my 1994 Buick Regal kills this thing...

Good luck with your purchase. I really hope you don't get a lemon.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 AM
mustang joe

Go with the GT, you'll love the power & there is so manythings you can do to make your's the way you want.