Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Dealership Service Department Ratings :Please tell us about your experinces

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:39 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Dealership Service Department Ratings :Please tell us about your experinces

where to begin?

Maryland
Gaithersburg
Sheehy

aside from the horrible time i had with the actual purchase of the car, the service was mediochre at best. i traded my truck in and wanted the intake from it. they took it off and SOMEBODY STOLE IT FROM THE SALES ROOM FLOOR. never compensated me for that. then they got the wrong payoff for my truck and WANTED ME TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE, then they realized they had made a mistake. no apology. took months to get my floormats in that were listed on the sticker as part of the options, no plug for cigarette lighter, scratches on the interior and the paint. took it to them to find the source of the dreaded thunking noise. to their credit they installed steeda heavy duty strut mounts, but at my expense. still didn't fix it. took it back again and finally had them verify the noise, but they never returned my call verifying i had an appointment to drop it off so i gave up on them. and they're 30-45 minutes out of my way.

Maryland
Bethesda
Ourisman

god help these people. i scheduled an appointment the day before and arranged a rental car. i show up when they open. one guy has his head down on the computer. LITERALLY. the other guy looks like he's doped up. i tell them i made an appointment and he looks at me like i'm stupid. turns out the sleeping guy forgot to write it down the day before. no apology. i tell them the problem with the thunking front end. they basically tell me they cannot reproduce the sound, as usual. what, do they only hire deaf people at these service departments? i pick the car up and drop off the rental and i'm $100 bucks poorer and nothing's fixed.

*btw: rental car racket. these dealerships are within 15 minutes of each other but the "father" one away charged me twice as much despite the fact that the person on the phone when i made the reservation quoted me the cheaper price.

haven't found anywhere worth going. have heard Ourisman in Alexandria is good, but i'm skeptical of ANY stealership at this point, warranty or no warranty.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Dealership Service Department Ratings :Please tell us about your experinces

State : Arizona
City : Tucson / Oracle / Oro Valley
Dealership : Oracle Ford/Mercury

Reason for visit : Bought the car there..
Outcome : Nice folks to deal with. Family owned. Price was low due to dealer being located in the middle of nowhere. Also, no city sales tax. Due to being in the middle of nowhere I am not sure how much I would trust the techs there... But a great place to buy a car.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

Riverside, Ca
Fritts Ford

I purchased my car here along with an extended warenty.. Ive had to take my car in for the sterio and for my fuel tank. So far service has been good for me.. My car was in the shop for me for 4 days and since I had the warently they aranged to get me a rental (mustang yay) when I got my car back it was clean and fixed.

I dont know about other people but fritts is the biggest ford dealership in the IE, and even with my last mustang we got good treatment there.

I went shoping at hemborg ford in Norco, Ca... I didnt buy my car there and wouldnt get it serviced there just based on how ignorant the sales people were.