Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Dealership Service Department Ratings :Please tell us about your experinces

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:06 AM
TwltPerf
1st Gear Member

xxxxx

Last edited by TwltPerf; 09-11-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Dealership Service Department Ratings :Please tell us about your experinces

I'll put it like this I'm from Hawaii and the ford dealerships dont do any aftermarket work because their worried they void their own warenty or somthing like that. Its bull****.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:45 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Dealership Service Department Ratings :Please tell us about your experinces

Would like to see comments on dealers in Tucson, AZ...
Old 05-06-2007, 03:20 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

State : NY
City : Saratoga
Dealership : New Country Ford
Mileage: 11K ( I just bought car used 1 week earlier)
Reason for visit : Engine noise, front end squeak &blown LR shock.
Outcome : Engine noise-normal sound.
Squeak-bushings. Service manager said it could be repaired but wasnt covered unlessI had a deal w/ the salesman. I said "I dont need any deal, it still covered under the3 year, 32k mile factory warranty"! He said "no". They always try to get out of the warranty work.
I have bought 3 vehicles from them (2 in 1 week) & wont do it again.

Now I take my FORDs here;

State : NY
City : Greenwich
Dealership : Carmody FORD

Reason for visit : 1) Squeaky front end &blown LR shock. 11k miles 2) Transmission noise. 18K miles
Outcome : 1) Replaced (w/ a smile)bushings & some other front end parts & both rear shocksUNDER FACTORY WARRANTY.
2) Replaced pilot bearing, shifting fork & throw out bearing UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY.
I know if I ever want another Ford, Ill get it from CARMODY Ford.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:47 AM
dlamib

Stan Morri Ford Tracy, CA Left grease stains onmy taup interior. Replaced my battery with a sub compact car battery. Went in for my shifter binding (wouldnet go into park)and was told this was normal. Metallic clunking in front end and they still cant figure out where the noise is coming from. They lost the second ignition key when i bought it and still havent made a new one (7 Months) Definantly do not go here.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:27 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

State : North Carolina
City : Raleigh
Dealership : Don Jenkins - Carolina Ford

Reason for visit : F-150, bad vibration (I can balance my own tires, so they were balanced)
Outcome : After 18000 miles on the truck, they replaced all 4 tires with brand new ones!

Still haven't had to take the Blue Mustang in yet, and really don't anticipate having too, but the Red one has a CD stuck in the CD player....so it'll get it's first visit maybe next week...This isa small dealership that has certainly won me over, and that's not an easy sell!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:19 AM
ScubaSteve

State: Florida
City: West Palm Beach
Dealership: Bev Smith Ford

Reason for Visit: Brake Master Cylinder leaking
Outcome: They had to order parts, gave me a loaner for a week. Body shop neededa couple of extra days to get the paint right, brake fluid ate the paint off of the inner wheel well and frame. I was pleased with the outcome.

State: Texas
City: Bryan/College Station
Dealership: Varsity Ford

Reason for Visit: Replace cruise control switch and evaluate horn button discoloration
Outcome: They replaced the switch, but said that their 'field engineer' felt that I used some foriegn substance on the steering wheel to cause the problem. Even after I emailed all these threads about the pitting and discoloration to the service manager, I still can't get them to replace the assembly.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:59 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

State : Colorado
City : Denver
Dealership : Courtesy Ford

Reason for visit : Radiator overflow tank blowing by fluid.
Outcome : It took me 3 visits to this craphole 35 miles out of my way to convince them to replace the tank. I finally took video which convinced them it was overflowing and they still had a hard time with it. I mean, cmon - you replaced the cap the first time...thats fine...but they should have replaced the tank the second time rather than requiring me to put 70 miles extra on my car and lose it for 2 days. That was crap.

If anyone knows a good Ford repair shop in Denver, let me know. Courtesy Ford SUCKS.

Also avoid Barbee's freeway ford in Denver. They suck just as bad. Under warranty they never fixed my wifes rear wiper on her explorer so I finally just bought a new wiper arm and replaced it myself. It works just fine now.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
NomadSteve
1st Gear Member

State : Oklahoma
City : Stillwater
Dealership : Thomas Ford

Reason for visit : Calibrate tire pressure sensors
Outcome : Was told to 'go back to where I bought it' to get the warranty work performed.

Now I didn't buy the car from these jokers. In fact, I knew better than to take it to them because they literally stole money from me in the past when I ordered and prepaid for parts they never delivered.

The dealership that I purchased the car from has been very good to me, however it's an hour drive there.

I would avoid this dealership at all costs!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
CalgaryGT

The FastLane dept at Cam Clark Ford in Airdrie Alberta does all my servicing...incredible service. I have never had a problem with them. They are very friendly, professional and knowledgable about my GT

Quick Reply: Ford Dealership Service Department Ratings :Please tell us about your experinces