Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell me about your 05 GT.....new guy here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:57 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Tell me about your 05 GT.....new guy here.

I thought we were talking new cars...
Used is a whole nother can of worms
Old 03-28-2005, 08:53 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i agree. when i got my stang, they had an silver 04 cobra on the lot and offered it to me for 8 grand off the sticker price. ultimately, it doesnt seem that hard to get the new stangs into the performance numbers of last years cobra and as for me, i got mine because this is the body style that i wanted.

with that being said, i love my car and there is already so much you can do to it for better performance and it really isnt costing that much money. this stang is great looking, better handling, and has much better interior than previous GT's. personally, they say that the vette is the best bang for the buck american sports car but hey, i say that ford is cloing that gap quite rapidly with the new 'stang. power wise, we are only 100 horses/85 lb-ft torque behind and 30 grand cheaper...you do the math
Old 03-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

How can you say it's the best car for the money?

Some guys are paying almost 28-30k for them if not more for verts. A slightly used cobra goes for that much with more hp, easier upgradability, better suspension, better interior, nice wheels, etc.
You know why I didn't get an 04 cobra? Because I didn't want a car that looks like somthing that I would flush. Plus just shifting the cobra is a nightmare because the gears are so close together. I like the 05 interior better, it's just as easy to upgrade, and the wheels are fine. Who keeps the stock wheels anyway? As for the rear end, if you're going to serious enough about speed, you're going to be replacing most of the rear end anyway. So what's the point? Stop going into every 05 thread and telling people what they should do. We got what we wanted.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:06 PM
stangprincess
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: broke88

Ordered mine two weeks 3 days seven hours ago.

Not a fan of leather due to no heated seats. was 27 this morning in Savannah, so imagine what your seats would have felt like ... lol

Broke88

Can someone explain to me why they'd be driving their mustang in cold (or snowy) weather?

My baby is a warm weather car only
Old 03-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Hunter

Because I live in Chicago.

And my other car is a Miata.

Why not drive these things year 'round? They've got traction control and limited slips, right? Sounds like Ford wasn't just thinking about the weekend, but driving these things every day, day in and day out. Throw on a set of dedicated winter tires and the car sounds like it's ready to rock!

I haven't done an exhaustive search on winter driving in a GT yet, but from the few posts I found they seem to do okay even with the stock tires. No?

Hunter
Old 03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Dare
1st Gear Member

OMG! How useful is that... "ya it's a great car but no heat seats" OHHHH POOOOOO WAAAAAH! Someone's got sensitive nads or somn! Come on, muscle car drivers are supposed to be tough! Get a pair!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:56 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

I think there should have been an interior trunk release button and added lights to the back seats, glove compartment and center console...a light under the hood wouldn't have hurt either...then again ford has probably saved millions by not putting them in..other than that the car kicks a$$....

did earlier models have these features?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:15 AM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scanman

Thinking about an 05 GT purchase. Never owned a Mustang before and I would like to here from you GT owners your impressions of the new Mustang. Hows it handle? hows it compare to other cars you'v owned? Any negatives? Stuff like that.

Thanks
the '05 GT is my first mustang. in the past 5 years, i've been driving a heavily modified miata (suspension/engine) and a bone stock '99 M3, so I'll use them as comparisons. overall, i feel that i traded in superb handling, reasonable acceleration (miata/M3) for good handling, awesome acceleration (GT). i am thrilled with the '05 GT.

handling-wise i'm still sorting out the mustang. at speed, i find it feels "floaty" above 80mph, versus the M3 which felt rock solid well into triple digits. in corners, i've not come anywhere near to pushing the limits of the mustang yet as i am finding the heel-toe is more difficult to get right in the mustang than it was in the miata or M3. where I could "toss" the M3 or miata into most corners and emerge without drama, i'm finding the mustang forces me to setup turns properly. the mustang responds to throttle/brake inputs amazingly well. in other words, the mustang rewards good technique, and definitely lets you know when you are being sloppy in the turns, whereas my two prior cars were way more forgiving in the corners.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Phillyblunt474
2nd Gear Member

Well i like hte looks of the new gt, i test drove a v6 at the lot, and it handeled great, if i was buying one, ied probably like heated seats but there not neede really
Old 03-29-2005, 01:24 AM
05GTnAZ

My 05 GT is my third Mustang and it is AWESOME! My 64 1/2 with a 302 Boss engine is a fun toy and my '99 has been great for the last few years, but the 05 is the best thing to happen to the Mustang in a long time. The car rides so smooth that you will fall in love with the car on the first ride! The car has some good speed stock, but it is hard to not more speed with all the upgrades for the 05 engine. I struggle with it everyday, I want to upgrade my engine but I do not want to deal with the hassle of voiding my warranty. So, I will wait till the 3 year/36000 mile warranty is up and then I will upgrade the engine. In any case, if you can find one, BUY IT! You will not regret it for years to come!

Quick Reply: Tell me about your 05 GT.....new guy here.