Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

home made sequential turn signals.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:09 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

Default home made sequential turn signals.

does anyone here has a home made sequential turn signals tutorial. or can someone xplain me how to do it. i have found a couple of schematics on how it should be done. and i can understand it a bit. but i would like something a litle more detail.

anyone ? [&o]
Old 05-08-2007, 04:24 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: homa made sequential turn signals.

Are those Italian homa made sequentials ? Putta some pasta in your tailpipe. Makea you blink ana blink ana blink !
Old 05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: home made sequential turn signals.

Probably not a smart thing to do...

ORIGINAL: kleistang

does anyone here has a home made sequential turn signals tutorial. or can someone xplain me how to do it. i have found a couple of schematics on how it should be done. and i can understand it a bit. but i would like something a litle more detail.

anyone ? [&o]
Old 05-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

i think with relays or something like that, but no sure at all on how to do that, you may want to ask a electrician, i will try to find out
Old 05-08-2007, 04:38 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

I have not been able to find any home made sequential turn signals. I called the local electronics stores looking for strobes or sequencers that I could purchase without any luck. I ended up purchasing a Web electronics kit from Ebay: The kit cost me $76.00 including shipping and took me about 20 minutes to install, piece of cake, the instructions make the procedure much more difficult than it really is. I will look up the site and post it later.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEP-0...QQcmdZViewItem This is the Ebay site, cost is $69.99 plus $6.00 shipping. These worked great, Web Electronics is a very good product.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:56 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

We got ours from Stangmods. We did the splice in and it was worth the 50-60 savings because it was fairly easy.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:38 PM
brian2906
1st Gear Member

[align=left]When I decided to add sequential turn signals I thought about building the circuits myself. After all I do have a bachelors degree in electronics technology, and have taught electronics at the college level. But after I thought about all the componets, transistors to switch on and off with the correct bias resistors, a timing circuit etc. Well you'd have a big card full of parts that you would need to weather proof, plus as a one (or two) off project you would end up spending $20-$30. Oh, and then there is that 'sensitive' Spanish Oak processor to deal with. I just went with a web-electric spice in kit, and called it good! It works great, and I wired it in so that the brake lights work like normal. Well worth it for the money! IMHO
[/align]
Old 05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
takotruckin
2nd Gear Member

dont be afraid of building it yourself. you can do it for about $20, and it really wont take a whole lot of time. i am going to do mine once i get a free day. here are some schematics and instructions

https://home.comcast.net/~jormendoza/1.pdf

https://home.comcast.net/~jormendoza/2.pdf

https://home.comcast.net/~jormendoza/3.pdf
Old 05-09-2007, 12:38 AM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

very helpfull. thanks for the tutorials. i have read and seems different ways to do it. there are always many ppl selling kits like web electric, sts and others. but when u see those kits u realize that most of them use the shelby dynamite sticks. which is the main part that makes everything work. (thats wat needs to be made) the rest is easy. i got the schematics now im gonna try to figure out well then i'll give it a try. remember that everything u do yourself makes you feel better at the end

Quick Reply: home made sequential turn signals.