Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off road H pipe + stock axle back = ????

Old 05-09-2007, 03:39 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default Off road H pipe + stock axle back = ????

just wondering what it would be like wiht a Pypes off road H and the stock GT axle back?...

has it been done?..

what does it sound like?...

etc..

thanks!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:46 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Off road H pipe + stock axle back = ????

It should add a nice rumble to the stock exhaust. Why not add Pypes Violators to the "H" pipe? Brenspeed dynoed the Pypes "H" pipe and it showed several RWHP gains.

I have the Violators with the "H" on the list.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:00 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

well heres the thing.. i am graduating in a week.. and then im gunna be lookin inot movin out.. untill then .. i cant do anythign to my exhuast bc my parents would sh*t if my exhuast was louder.. i keep askin and askin if they will let me buy exhuast and telling them that it would only be deeper not louder..

NO NO NO.. so

this is why i want to move out.. lol.. no but really.. hopefully within like 2 months i can get out and get some freakin exhuast..

so my main plan is ...

i was gunna go wtih motoblue RS.. since there basically SLP's but knockoff.. and i LOVE the price of 150..

and then i was gunna add the Pypes off road H.. and have one sick sounding horse.. BUTT.. i dunno if thats gunna be TOOO LOUD.. as this is my everyday driver and would like to beable to have a conversation inside with pppl.. or listen to music..

so then i thought aobut just doing it right and gettin a good, quallity, deep axle back.. liek corsa.. love the sound.. BUT they are expensive out the but hole..

if i do my combo .. i could condider gettin a SCT on top of the H pipe and motoblues and be at the same price if iwas gunna get the corsa just axle back..

thanks
-GTstang
Old 05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

I have the Pypes O/R H-pipe and the stock mufflers and it sounds great. I had the GTA's on before the O/R H, but as soon as I added the O/R H they were obnoxiously loud.

I think you'll be happy with the stock muff O/R H combo........waaay louder than just an axle back set-up.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:08 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

drone?... what did you do with the gta's... and when you say obnoxiously loud.. was it like unbareable.. like.. couldnt talk to anyone while driving?..

bc i want loud.. but i also want to bablet otake a girl out.. lol u know what i mean?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Loud in a bad way......but only at certain times. At WOT in the proper gear the car sounded like a really good. The problem is, I have and auto and drive in traffic. The 2000-3000rpm range in a higher gear than needed caused major trumpeting. I felt like I had some POS 70's Nova with a rusted out muffler.

I might still put them back on one day with a set of resonators to try and control the trumpeting.

The bad thing about the 4.6 3V is that it gets really loud at the strangest times. Sometimes it would sound like I was really gunning itlike I wasracing when I was really just driving normally. It made the car seem slower than it is because with all the noise you expect to be going a lot faster.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:41 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

hmm....
Old 05-09-2007, 05:12 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I have the Pypes O/R H Pipe with the stock Saleen Axel back mufflers and I love it. No drone, not too loud at idel or low RPM's, but plenty loud when you put the hammer down
Old 05-09-2007, 06:34 PM
ErcWrestlr
2nd Gear Member

The Motoblue RS axle-backs are discontinued for the time being. I just got a set but it was after a long fought battle with RPM Outlet. They will send you pypes violaters if you order them. They should be back in about two weeks is what the guy told me, but I already got myself a set of the Motoblue's from a fellow member. Just giving you the heads up there.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I love drone. Go fiqure.[&:]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Off road H pipe + stock axle back = ????