Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Warranty problems

Hey Northy, In reality Ford is probably making profits with those foreign companies. They aren't doing good with their American company. You and I both can vouch for that.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:17 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

What? Saying thatthey got in trouble for working on cars that they didn't sell? That is Bull Crap! I mean I can understand if you bought a Chevy.....but you bought a Ford for crying out loud!
Two of my cars I didn't buy from the dealer that I currently deal with. They ALWAYS work on my cars even if their is a warranty issue.
GO TO ANOTHER DEALER.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:19 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

yeah, it's BS. otherwise how could you drive across the country and if you needed work done, where would you go?

Ford is in a HEAP of trouble financially and I wish I'd considered that before i bought this car. I wish they'd just get rid of volvo/jag/aston and be done with it.
don't forget Land Rover too!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Definatley B.S my understanding is you have the option of taking your warranty work to any authorisedFordService. As far as the coolant being lost I had the same problem with my last car a 2004 Saab Aero Sport It took the dealer about about 2 years of back and forth they would pressure test the cooling system and it would hold, they could never even find a drop of coolant under the radiator or anywhere under the car, this went on for about 2 years(FYImake sure to leave a paper trailof the miles when you first took the car in) then I noticed the car was using up the oil again, they pressured tested the oil system and they could not find anything wrong, finally I was pissed and told Saab that I was hiring a lawyer to file for theLemon Law this is where the paper trail becomes important they finally took my situation seriously they held on tothe car for 2 weeks they finally found the problem the block had a hair line crack and the oil and coolant were being condensed and going out the exchaust, that is where the white smoke comes from, they replaced the motor and the new block thatSaab sent also had a crack in it by the way one of the heads also had a crack in it,One big nightmare after another, at this point Saabnow had my car for 2.5 months, the car was never the same so I filled for the Lemon Law they had to buy back the car, pay off the loan plus all the money we paid for the car this is where the miles comein to play when I first took the car in it had 7000 miles by the time they had to buy back the car it had 23000 miles on it so we got all of our money back minus the 7000 miles so keep trackand leave a paper trail hopefuly this is not the case but if itis be smart and keep track of the miles and everything the service dept. tells you, Good luck and I hope this helps and is not the case with your car but if it is be ready for the real B.S(by the way for the Lemon Law you have to have taken the car for the same problems atleast 3 time then you can file for the Lemon Law atleast that is the case here in California find out what your state requires) This would be the worst case scenario.
Good luck
Javier....
Old 05-10-2007, 10:23 PM
NomadSteve
1st Gear Member

Had a similar issue with a local dealership (Thomas Ford, Stillwater, OK). When I brought it in and I explained the problem with 'my new 07 mustang GT', the first thing the service guy asked me was "where did you buy it?" That is a warning sign if ever I heard one. They would not calibrate the tire pressure sensors.

I asked the service manager to write on a ticket why he would not perform the work. Plans are to file a written complaint with Ford Customer Care over the issue and persue it pretty aggressively. I know this particular dealership has done it's share to pee on just about everyone that does service business with them.

Sorry to hear about such sour grapes goes on other places.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

+1
This is very possible. I am sure the dealer did not tell you the complete story. Ford does audit service depts. for warr. claims! If a certain dealer has a high warr. rate, Ford will go into the dealer and look over warr. ROs. If they find bogus or allot of "penciled" claims, Ford will make the dealer HAVE to pre-authorize Every warr. job. One dealer I worked at got an audit and found out that the tune/drivabilty dept. was way over on claims! After that, every part....PCM, TPS, EGR, etc had to be called in first to be authorized by Ford to pay!
Yeah It sucks but ford is that strict,and we get the shaft because of it .