Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WooHoo Saleen S/C Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:58 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: WooHoo Saleen S/C Installed

Congratulations, and welcome to the Saleen club. The install price sounds about right. It took me and my brother in law 12 hrs to install mine with breaks. The only thing that sounds a little high is your hp number w/5psi. I see you're running the stock intake and injectors. If you're talking about rwhp, I have not seen any other S/C install at 5psi putting that much to the ground with stock components, even hawgman's.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Mustanger
1st Gear Member

No, I'm just saying I have the 435hp kit, I think they measure from the flywheel. I'm probably not going to increase the boost until the factory warranty is up, then it's game time. I don't see where you are saying my intake tube is starting to shift, I just had it installed that day. If I put a CAI on, wouldn't I need another tune?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:30 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

$1250 was the avg quotes I got here in Tampa Fla///albeit I did not pay that as my install cost me $800 from Walt @real speed racing
And look at all the problems you had!

Short of an engine swap, i'll be doing everthing myself. I can't wait till my clutch expires, it will be my first clutch install.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:44 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

$1250 was the avg quotes I got here in Tampa Fla///albeit I did not pay that as my install cost me $800 from Walt @real speed racing
And look at all the problems you had!

Short of an engine swap, i'll be doing everthing myself. I can't wait till my clutch expires, it will be my first clutch install.
no wait....if you remember it ended up being the JDM tune causing the issues...not the install.....the install was flawless ...the canned tune sucked
Old 05-11-2007, 01:51 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

no wait....if you remember it ended up being the JDM tune causing the issues...not the install.....the install was flawless ...the canned tune sucked
Oh yeah, that's right. If I get the saleen, maybe i'll send my pcm to them instead of buying a tune from jdm. Then drive it to hp performance in Jacksonville for a dyno tune. I want to do the basic kit, the only thing i'll bechanging is the intake (have JLT, might just go back to stock) and my fuel pump to a ford GT pump. Mostly changing the fuel pump because I don't trust the stock pump.

To the orginal poster, did you get the basic kit? 435hp is at the flywheel right? I'm guessing you did since I see the stock airbox.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 PM
daoh

Welcome to the land of Saleen boost! I am willing to bet in about 3 months or so, you will be ordering 39 pound injectors, a smaller pulley, a CAI kit and a tune from a great company such as Brenspeed.

I had ordered the 475 kit from Saleen and their tune was not the greatest. I had the PO174 (lean condition) check engine light comeon twice, which was enough to scare me. I ended up going with Brenspeed and ordered the Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump to ensure that fuel would not be an issue. I also ordered the Steeda CAI and a tune from them to get everything right where Brent would feel comfortable with the air/fuel ratio. The difference is amazing! The car is so much smoother. The low end power is now whereI thought the S/C should be. The next step for me is to buy some gauges, I just haven't decided yet on where to install them. I really like the OEM look of the GT500 boost gauge (in the instrument cluster) but haven't been able to find anything similar yet...
Old 05-11-2007, 02:21 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I have an appt to get a dyno tune done on Wed at a local shop.I'll post the sheet afterwards. I also have an appt w/JDM for a dyno tune on July 2nd. (yes, that's as soon as they could fit me in). For now I'm running a demo tune fron VMP with an 85mph speed limiter. Yes, I know it's frustrating, but the speed limiter seems to be keeping both me and my engine out of trouble for now.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:09 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Congrats, from the number of saleen s/c in the last couple months I think we all deserve our own forum section.