Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cannot Spin Rear Tires with TCS Off !

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Vernon Tull
1st Gear Member

Default Cannot Spin Rear Tires with TCS Off !

Gentlemen,

This is going sound ridiculous and opposite of what you'd expect, but I think something is wrong with my TCS on my automatic GT. With the traction control ON, I can burn the rear tires just a tiny bit if I give it a lot of gas, but with the traction control OFF, not only can I not spin the tires, but the engine seems to have less power and it sounds noticably different -- sounds and feels just like a V6 engine at that point. Does the TCS inthe OFF position in any way reduce engine power? I'm telling the absolute truth here when I say that yesterday we had rain and I could not get any wheel spinon wet pavement with the TCS off! I hammered the gas, and it felt like I was back in a V6 Stang -- no spin whatsoever.

What's going on here?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:52 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Cannot Spin Rear Tires with TCS Off !

I can easily smoke my 6er auto.... so I don't know what you mean. But..what about power breaking? You should have no probelems with the TCS off.. none.
You can try two things..
Power break/drop clutch... maybe on wet pavement
Let someone else try

ORIGINAL: Vernon Tull

Gentlemen,

This is going sound ridiculous and opposite of what you'd expect, but I think something is wrong with my TCS on my automatic GT. With the traction control ON, I can burn the rear tires just a tiny bit if I give it a lot of gas, but with the traction control OFF, not only can I not spin the tires, but the engine seems to have less power and it sounds noticably different -- sounds and feels just like a V6 engine at that point. Does the TCS inthe OFF position in any way reduce engine power? I'm telling the absolute truth here when I say that yesterday we had rain and I could not get any wheel spinon wet pavement with the TCS off! I hammered the gas, and it felt like I was back in a V6 Stang -- no spin whatsoever.

What's going on here?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:55 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Try this:

TCS off, power brake, then acelerate till u feel the car is loosing power (i feel mine in about 2.4K rpms) then slightly take off the brake and when the car moved about 2 feet slam the gas to the floor, u will burn rubber till 6K rpms easy.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:48 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

I'd take it in to the dealer...sounds completely opposite of what it should be. With my TCS off, I can't go in the rain. Mine's a mnaual, but there shouldn't be that big of a difference.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:54 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

mine doesnt burn either with the traction off, i wanted to wear out the tires i just pull on alittle to give it a smoother ride lol but couldnt do it, yet ive done lots of time last summer grrrrrr
Old 05-11-2007, 02:02 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

maybe your thinking that tcs off is when theres no light on the button?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:06 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

+1

The TCS is on by default.. pressing the button and turning that light on turns the system off... not on.

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

maybe your thinking that tcs off is when theres no light on the button?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:15 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

nope i press it, im just kinda upset that i cant perform a burn out with a v6 at all, i use to make some white smoke lol and not even have to move lol
its like the brake over powers the wheels so much that doesnt let it burn out lol
Old 05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Either the switch is backward, or there's a definate short.....not heard of this before, so I would certainly let the dealer have a look.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Let off teh breaks a little. I have no problems.. but it's not like I sit there and roast it either (don't want to buy new tires just yet). I can light it up pretty good simply by flooring it and turning to the left slightly.

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

nope i press it, im just kinda upset that i cant perform a burn out with a v6 at all, i use to make some white smoke lol and not even have to move lol
its like the brake over powers the wheels so much that doesnt let it burn out lol

Quick Reply: Cannot Spin Rear Tires with TCS Off !