Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Belt

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:48 AM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Seat Belt

ORIGINAL: JibStyle

hmmm i'm 6'-0" and i wear my seatbelt the normal way and its never been a problem
lol because your 6 ft! like i said in an earlier post, i think the designers designed the comforts of thecar for people who are 6 ft and taller.

and bluestar, thanks for the tip. i'm going to have to call them up tommrow.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:02 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

I wear mine religiously. Its just somthing Ive always done. What I found difficult about the Mustang's belt was how far back I had to reach to grab it. Also while it doesnt chafe my neck (Im 5"11) I find that it often locks up on me over some minor bumps. I kinda laugh really cause it just GRABS and stays for a minute or so; I just think of it as my car giving me a really firm hug [&:]. Mind you I did have some suspension work done so she isnt as soft as she used to be.

Disclaimer: Just in case we get one of those "Why are you complaing trolls"....I LOOOOOVE this car.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:14 AM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhoMe

I wear mine religiously. Its just somthing Ive always done. What I found difficult about the Mustang's belt was how far back I had to reach to grab it. Also while it doesnt chafe my neck (Im 5"11) I find that it often locks up on me over some minor bumps. I kinda laugh really cause it just GRABS and stays for a minute or so; I just think of it as my car giving me a really firm hug [&:]. Mind you I did have some suspension work done so she isnt as soft as she used to be.

Disclaimer: Just in case we get one of those "Why are you complaing trolls"....I LOOOOOVE this car.
lol +1 for the firm hug! these cars love us.

also, ya kinda sucks that the belt is way far back like that.

edit, just saw that this was my 666th post. OoOOhh 666!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:24 AM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

I just went to walmart and bought a couple of those sheepskin covers for mine, if you show your car and are worried about the look they come right off.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:24 AM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

just a point of information for those who have had trouble reaching back grab a hold of it. theres is a little strap at the bottom of the seat where the seat folds forward. you can feed the belt thru there and its supposed to cut down the reach over your shoulder. it keeps it more forward with less reach. its in the owners manual. dont know if that will helps anyonebut worth a try i guess.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:25 AM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

the little strap just unsnaps and you feed the belt thru.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:39 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

I'll solve all your problems right now.......Go to any Ford dealer parts dept. and ask for a seat belt extender for a 2005+ Mustang, it will change the angle of the belt and you wont have to search around for the fastener which normally is hidden between the base of the seat and the console. And the best part....IT'S FREE, yes FREE. This has been a public service announcement courtesy of your friend, Bluestar....
That's great info Bluestar! How exactly does it work?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:58 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZZLEGEND

just a point of information for those who have had trouble reaching back grab a hold of it. theres is a little strap at the bottom of the seat where the seat folds forward. you can feed the belt thru there and its supposed to cut down the reach over your shoulder. it keeps it more forward with less reach. its in the owners manual. dont know if that will helps anyonebut worth a try i guess.
Thanks for the tip..I did the typical guy thing and glazed over the manual and mashed the GASS! @.@
Old 05-13-2007, 12:04 PM
susankay1

Im 5 ' tall and my seatbelt was nearly taking my head off till I went to Walmart and bought one of those triangle things that snaps on and it keeps it off my neck now. Yes, I know they were designed for kids, but they work for small adults too.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:20 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

I got these recently. The buckle is below them so, it extends the buckle about 8 inches out. I'm to tall to use them every day but, they are nice for a long drive.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44056/CCFFD992EBAF49D090134C961679712F.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Seat Belt