Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Belt

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
ANSKY

Default Seat Belt

I'm all for wearing seatbelts and I wear mine all the time but the belt starts to chaff on my left shoulder and neck area after a few miles driving. Can the belt be adjusted so it doesn't ride so high? I don't see any adjustment mechanisms. Is it just me or has anyone else had this problem? Advice would be appreciated.
Thx
Old 05-13-2007, 12:18 AM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Seat Belt

i hate to sat this but i put my arm over it and wear it under my arm. i think thats good for a ticket but it feels better. and i do believe in seatbelts, so i guess this is my answer to wearing it. but i agree with you. its kinda uncomfortable on your neck.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:24 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

In our state it's the law to wear your seat belts...."Click it or Ticket"

I'm always pulling it down from my neck area. I know that are some covers that you can wrap around it keeping it from rubbing the skin.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:58 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I got some of those nylon plastic clips at Walmart that snap on the belt and then the upper belt slips into that. They are slideable and now it is completely off my neck.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:42 AM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

I got some of those nylon plastic clips at Walmart that snap on the belt and then the upper belt slips into that. They are slideable and now it is completely off my neck.
my seat belt also rests against my neckor collarboneit get uncomfortable on long drives.

is there a specific name for those clips?

i'm thinking about getting those covers that go on the seatbelt as well, but afraid they might look tacky.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

????
Try sheep skin covers.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:10 AM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

Only thing i hate about these cars, the seat belt is a joke, im 5'4 so i get attacked every time i make a damn turn and move my hand.... I get a nice belt to the throat, and im really thinking if i were to get in an accident and the seatbelt held me in the seat by my throat it might do more dmg then good
Old 05-13-2007, 02:15 AM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

i know what you mean, i'm a little taller than 5'9. i have to pump the seat up alot and the seat belt likes to befriend my neck as well.maybe ford designed these cars for people who are taller than 6 ft? ...lame

the pumping of the seat doesn't really bother me, but the seat belt annoys me when i have to adjust italot on long trips.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I'll solve all your problems right now.......Go to any Ford dealer parts dept. and ask for a seat belt extender for a 2005+ Mustang, it will change the angle of the belt and you wont have to search around for the fastener which normally is hidden between the base of the seat and the console. And the best part....IT'S FREE, yes FREE. This has been a public service announcement courtesy of your friend, Bluestar....
Old 05-13-2007, 09:56 AM
JibStyle
1st Gear Member

hmmm i'm 6'-0" and i wear my seatbelt the normal way and its never been a problem

Quick Reply: Seat Belt