Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally found a place that has Saleen HID'S

Old 05-14-2007, 02:50 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I finally found a place that has Saleen HID'S

ORIGINAL: viking396

Link toSaleen HID's.
http://www.saleen.com/hid.htm

Up front are integrated turn signals along with available HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlights. Featuring unique Saleen-designed headlamp assemblies incorporating the industry's first bi-functional Xenon/HID lamp, these lights use moveable light shield technology to achieve both high and low beam functions in a single reflector with only one HID light source.
HID headlights provide 40 percent more light in both low and high beam functions than conventional lamps. A high-performance sports car deserves high-performance lighting.

Three times more light, with 20% less energy, and last 10 times longer than standard halogen bulb.Expanded visibility producing brighter and whiter light than standard halogen bulbs. (see signs - markings - images sooner: react quicker).
Improved field of vision in distance and side illumination with uniform light coverage.
Consumes less power than traditional factory or aftermarket lighting, reducing load on the vehicle electrical system. - 35 watts produce 3200 lumens verses halogen at 55 (or greater) wattage producing 1000 lumens.
high tech appearance and performance from new technology which uses a single bulb for both low and high beam.
HID lights create light with an electric arc eliminating filaments and extending life expectancy 10 times normal halogen bulbs.
Certified compliant with all U.S./Canadian DOT requirements and SAE standards.
Package includes pair of complete replacement units (housing, lens reflectors and bulbs) with plug in harness and instructions.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:58 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

looks like a projector inside of a reflector? i dunno...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:29 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Yeah Im stumped. Not trying to argue, just always thought they were reflectors. Perhaps theres a projector in there...
Old 05-14-2007, 09:08 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

There is no projector involved, The large sheild moves up and down to provide low and high beam operation;

"lights use moveable light shield technology to achieve both high and low beam functions in a single reflector with only one HID light source."