MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   lowering my mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/290132-lowering-my-mustang.html)

mvarshochi 05-15-2007 07:42 PM

lowering my mustang

im going to be lowering my mustang this week. but i still cant figure out what spring to get. it dont like the pro-kit cause it sits to high.i amscared about thesportline. is there and kit out there that in the middle ofthose.

also does anyone have apic of a gton20 with sportlines springsinstalled

thanks

wingman75 05-15-2007 07:46 PM

RE: lowering my mustang

Your car already looks lowered. Just use the Roush rear springs to even out the front and back.

Legion5 05-15-2007 07:52 PM

Agreed don't lower the front, it's wrong. Back maybe but front is perfect.

05gtdriver 05-15-2007 08:13 PM

+1 If you lower the front , you won't be able to drive it anywhere, it's pretty much as low as you'd want to get for everyday use IMO.

tritonpwrd 05-15-2007 08:22 PM

I dont know why everybody is against lowering the front. I did both with steeda ultralite springs and I think it sits perfectly now. Dropped the front 1" and the rear 1 1/4". Not a drastic drop but sits and handles great now. No rubbing anywhere at all. What was installed is as follows:

Steeda Ultralite Springs
Tokico D-specs
BMR adj. uppercontrol arm
BMR lowers control arms
BMR panhard bar and support
BMR lca relocation brackets
BMR rear sway bar

WhoMe 05-15-2007 08:27 PM

I have the Pro Kit...and have had no clearence problems and I think it looks great. But to answer the question...the Sportlines drop you almost 2 inches and the Pro Kit about 1.5 rear...1.4 front. I do beleive the Ford Racing springs give you 1.5 all the way around; so while thats not much of a difference it will but you somwhere between the Pro-Kit and the Sportlines.

05gtdriver 05-15-2007 08:34 PM

His front clip is about 3 1/2-4" off the ground now, a 1 1/2" drop gives him under2 1/2"of clearance. I personally wouldn't drive a car with 2-3" of clearance on the nose. You couldn't park anywhere where there's a parking stopbump, but to each their own, I guess............

kenthicken 05-15-2007 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: wingman75

Your car already looks lowered. Just use the Roush rear springs to even out the front and back.
How much do the Roush rear springs lower the car? Are there different heights for the Roush? I just want to level out.

blaven 05-15-2007 09:04 PM

I'd get the Roush's but i'm a little bias'd since thats what i have and i have the CDC classic chin on the way and i'm glad i didn't touch my front or i probably wouldn't be able to make it into my garage with the front lowered anymore. But like someone stated before the roush rears even the stance out nicely.

RodeoFlyer 05-15-2007 09:07 PM

I have H&R race springs, which are about the same drop as Sportlines. I clear parking blocks by a GNATS ASS!!!!!

just lower the rear or kiss that air dam goodbye