Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop Recommendations for Phoenix Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:46 AM
egon
1st Gear Member

Default Shop Recommendations for Phoenix Area

Hey all --

Figured I introduce myself and make my first post. I have a 2006 GT manual in Tungsten Gray that I bought new almost one year ago. Haven't done too much yet (limo tint, hurst shifter, C&L racer CAI w/ tune, JBA axle back), but I have a magnacharger on the way from steeda. Needless to say I've very anxious for it to arrive...

I live in rural Idaho and can't seem to find a shop anywhere near me that I'd trust to dyno and tune my car. I feel quite confident that the tune steeda is including is conservative enough that I can run it gently until I can get it to a good shop. I have plans to be in Phoenix in June and I'm guessing that I could find a place down there. Does anyone have a recommended shop? I'd certainly appreciate any info you might have. Also, any guestimates on how much a tune will generally cost?

Thanks in advance, and I'm looking forward to many good posts here...

Laters!

Old 05-16-2007, 01:49 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Shop Recommendations for Phoenix Area

I don't know a good one but there was a guy on here that said AMP Performance wanted something like $850 to put gears in. That would make me avoid them!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:37 AM
frdfrst
2nd Gear Member

i deal with AMP all the time.best in the valley.give them a call and ask for MIKE OR TOM.602-437-2727
Old 05-17-2007, 01:29 AM
egon
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give them a try.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:23 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

AMP is overpriced, I have talked with Tom (the owner several occasions) and he seems to always try to oversell me on mods I don't need. JDM in NJ by the way makes there canned tunes from them, I thought that was interesting when I heard that. I trust ADS in Chandler Arizona, 5 minutes from me. They put in my axles and gears, and welded my subframe connectors for a very reasonable price. Also, I never heard any gear whine that others on this forum have heard after gear install. I believe total was something around 1200 in labor for all 3. There number is 480-961-8704. Ask for Doug, he KNOWS mustangs, having a low8 second car they all know there stuff, and specialize in Fords and Chevy's.Good luck and have fun modding!!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:31 AM
egon
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the recommendation in chandler. That's actually really close to where we'll be visiting, so I'll give Doug a call and see if he can get me in while I'm down there.

Any idea on how much dyno/tune time I'll need to pay for?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:38 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

They charge $150 per hour and it usually will take about 2-3 hours for a complete tune, including setup time (hooking your vehicle to the straps and sensorsetc). It could go up or down from there depending on the amount of mods you have or if you've done any cam/head work like I plan on doing. I would plan on at least 3 hours to be safe. It made me feel a lot better when they had a 750RWHP GT that they were tuning right before mine. This shop deals with all the high performance cars that theCardinals football and Diamondbackbaseball playersbuy, if that makes you feel good, it did for me.