Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom vs. Canned Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Custom vs. Canned Tune

ORIGINAL: TacoBill

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

... Anything you do yourself such as a bama or brenspeed tune i consider a canned tune. A custom tune is going on a dyno, and fine tuning EXACTLY to your car, ...
Disagree. [8D]

Canned Tune: What comes pre-loaded on your handheld tuner (XCal2 or Predator)

Custom Tune: What Doug, Brenspeed, and others provide. You provide them with your current performance mods, and a tune is written for your car.

Dyno Tune: A more detailed tailoring of the custom tune which is performed from real time feedback from a dyno.
I completely agree with this. You cant consider the tunes that are stock with the tuner in the same clasee as those from Doug or Brenspeed etc. These tunes are far better than the "canned" tunes. My car pulls 10x better with Dougs Torq tune that the ****tty predator tune. If you think that you cant get better than the preloaded tunes then you havent done enough reading on this board!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

... Anything you do yourself such as a bama or brenspeed tune i consider a canned tune. A custom tune is going on a dyno, and fine tuning EXACTLY to your car, ...
Disagree. [8D]

Custom Tune: What Doug, Brenspeed, and others provide. You provide them with your current performance mods, and a tune is written for your car.

Dyno Tune: A more detailed tailoring of the custom tune which is performed from real time feedback from a dyno.

Your right about canned tune. But your telling me Doug,Brenspeed and others tune for you car? How is that if I am in FL and there in say New york? There is no way for them to know YOUR CAR Unless they have it on THERE Dyno. EVERY CAR is different, so unless they put my car on there dyno and tune it then its not custom. Dont get me wrong I dont want to take away from them guys because there got good tunes. But its still a canned tune. Its just uses the Brand Name Mods for your car which is based of a Simlar car not your car.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:51 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Disagree. [8D]

I completely agree with this. You cant consider the tunes that are stock with the tuner in the same clasee as those from Doug or Brenspeed etc. These tunes are far better than the "canned" tunes. My car pulls 10x better with Dougs Torq tune that the ****tty predator tune. If you think that you cant get better than the preloaded tunes then you havent done enough reading on this board!

True there tune is 10X better than a preload tune, but its still not anything more than a canned tune. I will go ahead and call it a Custom Canned Tune.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:54 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

The question was asked "how can a dyno tune be better than a canned tune?" to this I say, do you know anything about auto makers? They put out millions of cars built with billions of parts from all over the world. How can you expect your 05 gt to be EXACTLY like my 07 gt? Of course a dyno will put out better results because everyone's a/f ratio is different and eveyone's climate/altitude is different....
Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

The question was asked "how can a dyno tune be better than a canned tune?" to this I say, do you know anything about auto makers? They put out millions of cars built with billions of parts from all over the world. How can you expect your 05 gt to be EXACTLY like my 07 gt? Of course a dyno will put out better results because everyone's a/f ratio is different and eveyone's climate/altitude is different....

My point! Not sure what yours is. But bottom line I would never put a Canned tune or a Custom canned tune in my car! bottom line
Old 05-16-2007, 11:09 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

off topic: why does b a m a get **** but brenspeed, and others dont? does b a m a have problems w/ mustang forums?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:19 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

brenspeed is a sponser
Old 05-16-2007, 11:20 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'll keep calling it custom if I want and you can't do anything about it.

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

Disagree. [8D]

Your right about canned tune. But your telling me Doug,Brenspeed and others tune for you car? How is that if I am in FL and there in say New york? There is no way for them to know YOUR CAR Unless they have it on THERE Dyno. EVERY CAR is different, so unless they put my car on there dyno and tune it then its not custom. Dont get me wrong I dont want to take away from them guys because there got good tunes. But its still a canned tune. Its just uses the Brand Name Mods for your car which is based of a Simlar car not your car.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

brenspeed is a sponser
There is alot more to it than that.....its a business decision made by the forum. There are many places that are not sponsors but are not censored. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his business. Ask 28Hopup or Soldshort if you want a more complete answer.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:46 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

My point! Not sure what yours is. But bottom line I would never put a Canned tune or a Custom canned tune in my car! bottom line
+1 , Sure a canned tune/"custom" canned tune if better than stock. But they are not made for YOUR car, they are based on other cars "like" yours. A custom tune is a tune done specifically for YOUR car, bottom line, done.

Quick Reply: Custom vs. Canned Tune