Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

handling mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:11 AM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default handling mods

what do you all think the best mod for under $300 would be that would help when cornering on bumpy roads, my steering wheel gets thrown around a lot if im going around corners too fast on non smooth roads.. besides new lca's what do you guys think?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:27 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: handling mods

Sway bars!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

already have em
Old 05-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

With 922 rwhp why....why would you limit yourself to $300 american?..Just a question!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:36 PM
orange S197GT
1st Gear Member

Actually too stiff a sway bar can make it worse! So can really stiff shocks. Proper suspension set up is an art. Finding that delicate balance that makes the car corner like it's on rails and still handle bumps and pavement transitions isn't easy.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
VWILLO
2nd Gear Member

oshkosh, post your mods. Surely you don't have a stock internals 4.6L. Blown, nitrous, big block, time bomb maybe? Weight of thatwould effect your front handling. If you can afford 922 rwhp surely you can spend more than $300 to help your suspension and drivetrain.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: oshkoshbajawsh

what do you all think the best mod for under $300 would be that would help when cornering on bumpy roads, my steering wheel gets thrown around a lot if im going around corners too fast on non smooth roads.. besides new lca's what do you guys think?
Get Camber/Caster adjusters and adjust your Caster to a Negative angle. Mustangs by design do not have a Caster adjusment which controls the Axis of the strut over the center of the wheel. By default it's close to zero and even negative depending on the years. A 0 or negative caster make the wheel highly responsive but gives it a tendancy to wander on the road.

WIth apositve caster the steering wheel will be easier to keep straight and solid. The down side is that a higherpositive caster will increase the resistance in turning the wheel.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

is your car lowered yet? have you bumpsteered it?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:33 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: oshkoshbajawsh

Get Camber/Caster adjusters and adjust your Caster to a Negative angle. Mustangs by design do not have a Caster adjusment which controls the Axis of the strut over the center of the wheel. By default it's close to zero and even negative depending on the years. A 0 or negative caster make the wheel highly responsive but gives it a tendancy to wander on the road.

WIth apositve caster the steering wheel will be easier to keep straight and solid. The down side is that a higherpositive caster will increase the resistance in turning the wheel.

what do u mean by "wander?"
Old 05-16-2007, 02:12 AM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

1)the 922 is a joke, im sorry
2)looked into bump steer kit... but isnt it really hard to install thats what ive heard?
3)when i mean wander, i mean iw ill hit a bump and the steering wheel will get throw in either left or right direction and it causes my front 2 wheels to go either left or right quickly and i have to hold the steering wheel even tighter to ensure it doesnt lose total control

Quick Reply: handling mods