Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG OMG OMG.. American Muscle to the MAX!!!..

Old 05-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: OMG OMG OMG.. American Muscle to the MAX!!!..

Love it!! What a great sounding car and a cool idea
Old 05-17-2007, 09:42 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTowner

Whats the big deal about replacing all the v6 suspension? most people on here, even with GTs replace most of thier suspension and exhaust. I think it looked like a great project. Personally though i would have wanted the 5.4 modular, but hey, thats me and its his car. If your going to be spending the money anyway, make it how ya want it. I agree it sounds great, and think of what he has to work with for future upgrades....
huh? My whole point with the suspension is there is no point in doing this with a gt as you will be replacing everything the gt has over the v6 anyway, so it will give you the same results just using less money if you start with the v6. Like i said earlier, the 5.4 is also a 15,000 dollar engine...this thing costs less than half of that. If i was gonna spend 15k on any engine, i would have an f-body and it would be an ls7. Don't get me wrong i love ford, but ls7 ftw.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

[sm=badidea.gif]

~Fletch~
Old 05-18-2007, 12:12 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I said they should have used a GT because it would require less mods to the suspension. I didn't look to deeply into the video and wanted to hear the sound which is sweet. If they intended on changing everything and just use the shell than great go with a V6. That was my whole point.
ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

it's 550hp and 545 ft lbs on that motor stock. With tuning and some work it is easily well over 600hp all motor. That is just sick.

" Neat for a car that'll do a one wheel burnout ....What a waste of soo much stuff....I'd put a 5.4 4v mod motor in a sixxer if I had a front end totalled gt500 for parts, That'll be cool for the "buddys" and all but the long haus will prove it stupid IMO.....Repost by the way"

what a horrible post.

and who said they shoulda used a gt? why in the hell would you us a gt there is absolutely no point at all. They replaced the entire drivetrain and are going to have to replace most of the suspension, so the absolute only differences will be cosmetic...for a 7,000 dollar difference. ehhh...? A 460 is huge. With minor work it is easily a 550rwhp car with linear power and it will be bale to run on pump gas. The ****ing 520 can make 625hp on 87 octane HOLY ****!

You guys do realize this 460 costs 10,000 dollars less than the blown 5.4 that is found in the gt500... you put 1/5th of the money you saved by buying that motor into it and you will be walking all over anything in your path. This is an AWESOME idea. the engine costs 6,700 bucks...cheaper than a built block and a blower by a long shot, is much more unique, and sounds better than a 4.6 ever possibly could. If i had the money i would do it that is amazing!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:18 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

When I said a GT I meant a GT not the GT500 with its costly motor. With the GT you could sell the motor and all suspension components and get most the mods for the motor and driveline and suspension on that beast. Ultimately it was up to the person who made the car and arguing about what car they should or shouldn't use is besides the point of the car! Right? JMO Regardless I think we both can agree that the car is awesome and in the end lets just appreciate it.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: 07GTowner

Whats the big deal about replacing all the v6 suspension? most people on here, even with GTs replace most of thier suspension and exhaust. I think it looked like a great project. Personally though i would have wanted the 5.4 modular, but hey, thats me and its his car. If your going to be spending the money anyway, make it how ya want it. I agree it sounds great, and think of what he has to work with for future upgrades....
huh? My whole point with the suspension is there is no point in doing this with a gt as you will be replacing everything the gt has over the v6 anyway, so it will give you the same results just using less money if you start with the v6. Like i said earlier, the 5.4 is also a 15,000 dollar engine...this thing costs less than half of that. If i was gonna spend 15k on any engine, i would have an f-body and it would be an ls7. Don't get me wrong i love ford, but ls7 ftw.