Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT XCAL 2- need information on how it works

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 AM
jcarter

Default SCT XCAL 2- need information on how it works

Hello, I am going to buy one of these and am unclear on what to look for.....are these things Vin# specific or how does it work, can you buy a used one is it locked to your vehicle ? If so can they be reset? Also, when purchasing tunes I would like to know if you have to send the unit to the company in order for the tune to be loaded onto the Xcal 2. thanks
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 AM
egon
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SCT XCAL 2- need information on how it works

Not sure I'd bother with a tuner unless I was purchasing something that required it (CAI, different sized tires, headers/exhaust, sc, etc.), and then you'll likely get one that has a tune for the parts you just purchased.

It is my understanding that the SCT XCAL is specific to your ECM type where the Diablosport isn't (i.e. you'll have to provide the ECM # when ordering the SCT but not when ordering the Diablosport).

I currently have the Diablosport Predator that came with the C&L CAI, and it has worked great for me. It first stores the factory program for later use, and then you select which tune to flash to the ECM (usually based upon what octane fuel you want to pay for).
Old 05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: SCT XCAL 2- need information on how it works

ORIGINAL: egon

Not sure I'd bother with a tuner unless I was purchasing something that required it (CAI, different sized tires, headers/exhaust, sc, etc.), and then you'll likely get one that has a tune for the parts you just purchased.

It is my understanding that the SCT XCAL is specific to your ECM type where the Diablosport isn't (i.e. you'll have to provide the ECM # when ordering the SCT but not when ordering the Diablosport).

I currently have the Diablosport Predator that came with the C&L CAI, and it has worked great for me. It first stores the factory program for later use, and then you select which tune to flash to the ECM (usually based upon what octane fuel you want to pay for).
Yeap that is my experience so far.