Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

let's see those with deep dish JUST in the back

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:57 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: let's see those with deep dish JUST in the back

ORIGINAL: Sirsilent
wow...your rear wheel looks a lot bigger than the front wheel now... doesn't that affect the speedometer?
Nope. I used my SCT xcal2 handheld tuner to adjust the tire revolutions per mile.

To the others who said I don't have DD rims, if you read my post I never said they were DD, but I wanted to post the photo to show the OP another possible option with a 17x9" rim in the back.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:54 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

These are my street tires only...the DRs are too small in diameter for the track

dude, your car, especially in the second pic, just looks like something i wouldn't wanna **** with on the streets. even if i didnt know about the procharger and 4.10's!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:00 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

These are my street tires only...the DRs are too small in diameter for the track

dude, your car, especially in the second pic, just looks like something i wouldn't wanna **** with on the streets. even if i didnt know about the procharger and 4.10's!
Dito that!!! [sm=gears.gif]
Old 05-17-2007, 11:02 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Used to.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/6967C210776F4BC1915571D15FC55B0E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Sirsilent
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

wow...your rear wheel looks a lot bigger than the front wheel now... doesn't that affect the speedometer?
Nope. I used my SCT xcal2 handheld tuner to adjust the tire revolutions per mile.

To the others who said I don't have DD rims, if you read my post I never said they were DD, but I wanted to post the photo to show the OP another possible option with a 17x9" rim in the back.
What 275 tire size wouldmake the wheel diametersimilar to the stock wheel diameter so that I don't need to adjust my speedometer?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:10 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Old 05-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

18x9's in the front and 18x10's in the back.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

What 275 tire size wouldmake the wheel diametersimilar to the stock wheel diameter so that I don't need to adjust my speedometer?
Not sure - you should look at TireRack.com and enter different tire sizes to see their respective diameters.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:13 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

28HopUp, I really like your set up, I put 275/50-17 on the rear of my 07 GT on the stock rims, It looks good, but I really wanted to go to a wider rim but did not want to change the look of the stock bullets. If you don't mind where can I get a set of those wider back rims, I livein Denver, CO.. They may not be deep dish, but they definitely give your Stang an aggresive stance.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:36 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: StantheMan

28HopUp, I really like your set up, I put 275/50-17 on the rear of my 07 GT on the stock rims, It looks good, but I really wanted to go to a wider rim but did not want to change the look of the stock bullets. If you don't mind where can I get a set of those wider back rims, I livein Denver, CO.. They may not be deep dish, but they definitely give your Stang an aggresive stance.
Thanks. I bought two 17x9" rims and two Mustang Tri-Bar (large) center caps from American Muscle. I've stated before that replica Bullitts are not an exact match to the factory Ford Bullitts, but they are VERY close. The contour and color of the spokes are SLIGHTLY different, and the valvestem on the replicas is moved more to the outer edge of the wheel. The wheel-lip is a bit more polished than the Ford wheel, but it's not readily apparent. Most people will never notice that the wheels are different, but they DO notice the larger tire!

What brand of 275/50-17 tire did you put on the back of your car? I'm looking for a 28" diameter tire for the stock Bullitts to run around with when I don't have the DR's on the car (my coupe is my year-round DD). The only one I've found was the Nitto NT450.

Bill Jr.

Quick Reply: let's see those with deep dish JUST in the back