Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here today gone tommarow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 08:25 PM
moe07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Here today gone tommarow?

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Saw a 67 ford fairlane rolling on black 6 spoke 22's or maybe 24's. The car was a bright green as well.

I don't understand the black rim syndrome. Surely a drug manufacture will have a pill for it soon.
but you may experiance dizzyness, sneezing, caughing, painfull breathing, pain when sitting or standing,weak urine stream, and do not drive while on this medication.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:28 PM
moe07
2nd Gear Member

Black on black only.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:47 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

I think black rims can look pretty slick, but they definitely need that chrome lip around them to give it some extra shine.

Black rims on dark colors usually look pretty slick, and I've seen some black rims on white Mustangs which also look very nice because of the sharp contrast. When it's time for some new rims, I'll definitely be looking into some black ones for my white Mustang.

Perdi, those rims with the chrome through them look really cool on your car.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raubt

I think black rims can look pretty slick, but they definitely need that chrome lip around them to give it some extra shine.

Black rims on dark colors usually look pretty slick, and I've seen some black rims on white Mustangs which also look very nice because of the sharp contrast. When it's time for some new rims, I'll definitely be looking into some black ones for my white Mustang.

Perdi, those rims with the chrome through them look really cool on your car.
thanks man... those were the rims I originally wanted, but I couldn't find them...so I bought some gunsmoke (black chrome) TSW's, they looked cool at dusk (which is when I bought them) but I hated them on a black car...so I had to bite the bullet and get those...
Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moe07

Black on black only.
Disagree
Old 05-18-2007, 08:59 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

i like 'em with the chrome lip, but if they are all black they look like the car is sitting on spares... i don't get the appeal.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:59 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

your ride looks siiiiick ohsix, love the black bullits on the torch
Old 05-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I'm not a huge fan of black wheels...But there are occasions where they look right (ie the few cars shown above in this thread).

There's a 350Z that runs around in my neighborhood; all black, black rims, blackout covers for the headlights & taillights...I think the reason for it is that the guy is a street racer, and he wants to be able to hide from the cops. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the main reason why most kids are running black wheels...

Old 05-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

I agree, there needs to be a chrome lip, otherwise it's hard to differentiate from the rim and the tire... I also disagree with 'black on black only'..

I think the red stang w/ the black is cool, and would like to see black on the sonic blue...
Old 05-18-2007, 09:15 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

I think the black wheels w/ chrome rims look great on some cars, such as the red one pictured above.

One thing did I noticed when looking at the Ford wheels is how much less the black 18's cost than the chrome 18's., about $500 a set less for blacks than chrome. See this link for info...

http://partscheap.com/mustangaccessories05.htm

Ford, of course, gives no discount on the Shelby GT's w/ the black wheels, therefore in effect making more profit on those cars.

Quick Reply: Here today gone tommarow?