Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current mustang gt manual incentives only $1000?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 05:45 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Current mustang gt manual incentives only $1000?

Wait for memorial day. Great sales and offers come out for that weekend and also is the end of the month for dealerships. Its also the start of the summer car sales season for the mfg's. If you can hold out, wait fro the 08 to come out and they will start to drop on the left over 07's. Thats what I did on mine. Got a left over 06 with all the options I wanted and color, 3k off the price + 0% for 72 months. I just signed my nake and drove away w/no down and 400 a month note. Sticker was $29285
Old 05-20-2007, 06:15 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rt1Rebel

^^Good advice above about financing. If you can, get the loan approved and figured out before you set foot into the dealership, and don't mention it until the final price has been set. Dealers will give you a better deal if they assume that they can make the money back on financing, so don't let on to that.

It helps alot if you are looking at two or three equal cars at two or threedifferent dealerships, the hitch is that you have to be willing to buy either one. You simply play best price vs best price back and forth until you get what you want.

A stupid mistake got me a deal on the '06 I bought now, 5 speeds were rare and I wanted a specific color, so I ended up negociating for a one of a kind car in the state. Fortunately, and unwittingly, when we called to find out what was on the lot before we drove out, Kelly, the sales girl quoted us a price on the phone before we got there, and when we sat down to negociate, Bob, the salesman, started talking a price that was alot more. Wife said that Kelly told us x, and Bob and the Manager had a heart attack. Kelly got fired.

Use every advantage you can get, be it online quotes, dealer quotes, etc. Know the car and the options inside and out. They will try the "but it has the optional quarter panel windows!' It's up to you to know the vehicle you are buying and what you are buying. In this respect you have an advantage, folks used to have to buy this info, you can get it for free and very conveniently on the internet.
I used this method to finance. I had a loan lined up..at 6.4% through Capital One, knowing this I didnt bite when the salesman came out with 6.9% from Ford. Eventualy they showed me all the cards they were playing with and I snatched up a 4.9% percent rate. Mind you I had to give up the 1,000 "rebate" but on the life of the loan I felt like I ended up doing better on the deal. It was one of those where I got up to leave and as I reached for the door they gave me what I wanted. WHAT A RUSH! lol. But anyway this goes out to the thread starter.....If you can afford it, get it now....waiting for the better deal around the bend is agonizing.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:15 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Double Post x.X
Old 05-20-2007, 10:45 AM
boingo

Ratnacage post #8 is right on! I recently bought a Hondathis way based on advice from an old high school friend who now runs several car lots. I made a list of every dealer in drivingdistance (about a dozen) and went right down the list calling one after another and asking for their internet sales guy. I told them exactly the car I wanted that that I was a "price" buyer ready to buy now. They would invariably tell me they would beat anyone else's offer, but that I had to come into their dealership to talk in person. I told them I didn't have time for all that and was only driving toONE dealership -- the one that offered me the best deal over the phone.Some dealers would play and some wouldn't. Ultimately I couldn't believe the deal I was drivng toward and had to keep reconfirming it was the same vehicle I was asking for -- I had expected to get invoice but ended up getting $2000 below invoice. Identical offer from 2 dealers. They said they were breaking even on the car and were only doing it to increase their allocation for 2007 (I was buying the end of 2006). Amazing! One thing that helped, Honda has fewer option variations, so I was buying a car that most dealers had on their lots. Looking at a Mustang, I'll probably special order and I am wondering if this will make it more difficult to negotiate (more work on the dealer's part and waiting around for the sale to take place)...
Old 05-20-2007, 12:19 PM
canefan87

I actually work for the Big Spring Herald(newspaper) in advertising. I handle the chevrolet account and the manager keeps telling me that there going to be having some good incentives for memorial day. Of course the dealerships won't find out til 2-3 days before hand. Of course this is chevrolet but usually they are similar. So I will wait til next weekend to see the deals if I was you. Also, August is when good incentives come out as well.