Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

homelink installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:39 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: homelink installed

ORIGINAL: Leoleo

Ford should offer it as an option on the Mustang.
They do. I bought my 2006 and paid for a Homelink mirror with the purchase. Part came in Ford installed it and it is under the same warranty as the car. Costs a tad more, but it is warrantied.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Thanks bill for the info, its a great help. Just one more thing to bug you about, How did you take that cover off of the headliner so I could mount the home link? I dont want to scuff anything up trying to take it off so any pointers would be greatly appreciate it. And you mentioned just tap in to th + & - of the dome lights and its done? Sounds so easy, and I aint complaining! Thanks again.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:58 PM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

just pull down on it, it snaps back into place.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:33 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Bill, I called the local dealer that my cousin has a resale# at and they could not pull up that part#7H6Z-5404105-AA. They wwere only able to pull up a 7A6Z-................ @ about $350.00. It doesn't sound right. Could you supply me w /he pertinent info that they asked me like the year (I said 07 for the 7 in the part#), type of vehicle (they came up w/ MKX) and if you have the schematic in the parts book you can PM me that would definitely help this situation out since the guy cant figure out what the hell it is I am talking about. Thanks again and I hope you are not categorizing me as a PIA.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

they need to look it up as a 2007 Lincoln MKZ. part# 7H6Z 5404105-AA is for a charcoal black interior, but I think the visor maybe a light gray in that car, if the dealer as a charcoal black interior on the lot you could look at it first, Ford shows 3 at the National PDC .
Old 05-23-2007, 04:49 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Thanks Ill try again. He did tell me he had 3 in the detroit parts but it was th 7A6Z @350+ bucks. I will let you know in the morning.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:56 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Hey Bill, I have a unit that I want to install and have aquestion. Mine has 4 wires, 2-black 2 white, how did you tap into the 12 volt in the overhead console? I can mount it using a few tools and a dremel to cut the hole, just not sure how to connect the 4 wires. Thanks in advance!!

Also, for those that want to do the mod, here is a link to Ebay that has a bunch that will work for this mod. The homelink I got was from a sunvisor that I bought off Ebay. The module is universal and should work fine as long as you connect it correctly (my issue given the 4 wires). I bought the visor and just tore it apart and the module came right out ready to install. The little oval cover over the buttons just pops off so you can cut the hole in your console and insert the unit, snap the cover on and voila, you have it!

Link; http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&category0=
Old 05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

Hey Beestang, did you get your unit out of a ford visor? I will pull my panel offon mylunch break and get back with you what wires you need to connect to.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:18 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

I can't remember what make it was. If I recall, the unit should be a simple install given the universal application. AsI stated, I have 4 wires, 2-white 2-black. If I had to guess the set is just a 12 volt hook up but not sure why there are 2 pair of wires. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:26 PM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

only 2 wires used on the unitI installed out of the town car,the unit had a green with red stripe wire which I connected to the white with blue stripe wire for power, then it was black to black for the ground, not sure why yours has 4 wires unless it came out of something that had a illuminated mirror, but my guess would be the white wires would be power and the black is ground.

Quick Reply: homelink installed