Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken grille from Fedex

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Broken grille from Fedex

Torched, you semm to be talking out of your a$$ for no reason or, you must own a lot of stock in FEDEX. How are you so sure the supplier did it because by the tone of your post you seem to be making a FACT not just your opinion.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:06 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

unless I am missing something here, torched is right. It is a RISK OF LOSS issue more than a who-did-it issue.

You paid your supplier for a grill. They packed it, they engaged the shipper, it was delivered broken. Unless there was some agreement to the contrary, the supplier owes you a new one and they can fight it out with Fedex if they want to.

If there was a specific agreement or FOB arrangement regarding transfer of the Risk of loss, then that might change things. But the buyer typically didn't hire fedex so they don't owe him the time of day.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

We use UPS, USPS and FedEx freight. With UPS, we have had very little problems with damage! If anything, more lost packages...99% found with in a couple of days. USPS, never a problem. (used only for small packages) FedEx Freight......the Best!!!!! I have only made 1 claim in who knows how many years. Fast delivery times. Now, once a package leaves our building, it is out of our control. If a customer calls us saying he /she received damaged product, WE start a claim ASAP with the carrier. I have been noticing more companies telling the customer to do this. ....not good customer service! Now, the customer must understand that we do not run, own stock, control drivers, etc. for UPS for example. We will do what we need to do to get a replacement part to the customer. There are procedures, paper work and some wait times....depending on the situation. Legend, I would contact the company that you purchased from and let them know the details. They should get the ball rolling to get you a new grille!

Casey

Old 05-23-2007, 04:15 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

At least in my area UPS sucks big time, I've had plenty of problems with them from lost (read stolen) packages that never reached my front door to several damaged goods, including a destroyed, yes destroyed crafstman steel chest. FEDEX on the other hand delivers on time and with no damage. This is just my personal experience
Old 05-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

With either carrier you can decide whether the package needs a signature, no signature, or even an adult (18+) signature.

I used to run a company and we used UPS, if a customer ever had an issue we would get the ball rolling with UPS to file a claim on behalf of the customer.

As a single customer dealing with UPS is impossible, have the supplier deal with UPS.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:14 PM
fordchuck
1st Gear Member

You can require a signature for delivery, you just have to tell the seller that relays it to the shipper.

Packages of high value are automatically required for signature delivery. The seller needs to make sure the items is valued correctly.

There's potential for damage in any shipping service, which is why they have the insurance option. Notify the seller that the item is broken. They should ship you a new one and pick up the damaged one at the same time.

Shipping companies deal with the seller. That part is not something for you to worry about.

Also, UPS does have customer service counters if you want to pick up the item yourself.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:21 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HaneyMotorsport.Com

We use UPS, USPS and FedEx freight. With UPS, we have had very little problems with damage! If anything, more lost packages...99% found with in a couple of days. USPS, never a problem. (used only for small packages) FedEx Freight......the Best!!!!! I have only made 1 claim in who knows how many years. Fast delivery times. Now, once a package leaves our building, it is out of our control. If a customer calls us saying he /she received damaged product, WE start a claim ASAP with the carrier. I have been noticing more companies telling the customer to do this. ....not good customer service! Now, the customer must understand that we do not run, own stock, control drivers, etc. for UPS for example. We will do what we need to do to get a replacement part to the customer. There are procedures, paper work and some wait times....depending on the situation. Legend, I would contact the company that you purchased from and let them know the details. They should get the ball rolling to get you a new grille!

Casey

YOU choose carrier tho, its the sellars responibility until it arrives. I ALWAYS use a credit card to buy online. If it isnt made right I just call the CC co & they suspend payment until its rectified.