MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Faith in Dealer Service (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/295507-faith-in-dealer-service.html)

vphokie 05-26-2007 11:12 PM

Faith in Dealer Service

So I had the unfortunate luck of getting about 10 to 15 staples in my rear tires. And I mean the serious construction types. I even had one sticking out right near the sidewall. I plucked it out and the tire started hissing so I hurried up and stuffed it back in. Hahaha. Luckily I had purchased road hazard insurance on my wheels....I highly recommended it. It already paid for itself since I had to have both my rear tires replaced. $600 worth of tires...But anyways.

My faith and confidence in my dealership has gone up quite a bit recently. They ordered my tires and had them installed the next day. The service rep came and got me from the waiting room and said "I want to check this out myself, but the tech said we scratched your rims." Sure enough, the machine put some pretty good gouges in the lip of the rim. The service rep said they would order me some new wheels and have them installed when I go back. I was quite surprised and shocked that they openly admitted screwing up and that they didn't wait for me to find it and argue with them. Plus he said they'd have the tires purged and serviced with nitrogen too since they didn't have time to do that. Yay!

Just thought I'd share a positive story, see a lot of horror stories on here about dealerships and etc...

laredotexas 05-26-2007 11:24 PM

RE: Faith in Dealer Service

Nice, that the frist time i hear this.

RedDot 05-27-2007 12:06 AM

I just returned from my dealership. The exact same thing happened to me.

I took my car in to the dealership because my tire pressure sensor error warning light kept coming on. The light came on while driving my car about 2 hours out of the dealership. Anyway, they said one of my sensors was broken and they would replace it. After waiting 6 hours at the dealership, they said they were still getting the error. The service rep said because it was a holiday weekend and that it was busy (I had an appointment mind you), it would be better for me to bring the car back another day so they could have a whole day to look at it. [Note: 0800 hours to 1300 hours = 6 hours = pretty much a whole day that I already waited]. So, they brought my car back out to me.

I checked the front left wheel where they said the problem was - adheasive smeared on the wheel, and a nice GOUGE on the lip of the rim! The gouge was about the width of a screwdriver and was right down to the metal through the clearcote. I then checked the other front wheel and there was another gouge just like it but not as deep. I had just detailed my car before I went to the dealership, and I know all four of my wheels were pristine before I turned the car over.

So, I went in for warranty service [Took delivery 05-10-07, tire sensor error two hours after I drove off the lot] and left the dealership with the same problem [6 hours of my day lost] and two extra damaged 18" Polished Aluminum Wheels.

I was also having the dealership install the front license plate bracket that they forgot to install when they delivered the car [Required by Law in Hawaii]. I got an extra gift of a 8" surface scratch accross my front bumper that wasn't there when I dropped it off to the dealership. I didn't notice the scratch until I brought the car home and wiped the greasy fingerprints off my car that the technician left forme. [By the way, my car was delivered with a 4" scratch accross the front bumper. The dealership gave me three options: try to buff it out, replace the bumper, oropt for a$200 compensation. I took the $200. I figured the bumper would eventually get scratched anyway.

The service writer said they would repair orreplace the two wheels. Although my brand new car came back to me unfixed and with shocking damage, I'm hopeful the dealership will make good on the service writers word to make it right. He made notes to refect the damages on the invoice paper. We'll see. You're e-mail gives me hope.

americaniron 05-27-2007 12:34 AM

Yea that's cool. My dealer here in North Carolina has been excelent to work with too. I only have good things to say about them.