Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im getting a mustang, i got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 01:30 AM
Sticky Mustang
1st Gear Member

Default Im getting a mustang, i got some questions

Im thinking aboutgetting an 05,06, oran07mustang/first car, ive been saving my money since i was 12 and now that im 16 i have about 25k to put on a mustang. im just wondering because some people say ford break down alot. is this true for fords, or just for the mustang. is there any problems that accure alot with the car that i should know about. im thinking about getting a standard transmission.

thanks for the help
Old 05-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Im getting a mustang, i got some questions

ORIGINAL: Sticky Mustang

Im thinking aboutgetting an 05,06, oran07mustang/first car, ive been saving my money since i was 12 and now that im 16 i have about 25k to put on a mustang. im just wondering because some people say ford break down alot. is this true for fords, or just for the mustang. is there any problems that accure alot with the car that i should know about. im thinking about getting a standard transmission.

thanks for the help
Is this a serious thread?

First of all, I don't think a mustang would be a good first car. It has a lot of power and can easily get you into a lot of trouble and or killed. Yes, I know I am being a hypocrite...But Still..

But besides that, sure Fords break down. But guess what? SO DOES EVERY OTHER CAR.

There is a few problems that some people do have. Which is a water leak (search, there is a big thread on this) and some rattles here and there, but it's not to bad.

But if you do get a Mustang, you will absolutely LOVE it!

oh and Welcome

Old 05-28-2007, 01:40 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Hey first question? Although you have plenty of money for a gt, will you be able to afford insurance on that car? If not, then the v6 is not too shabby at all and is fairly fast. And with the money you save on that, you can put it towards some nice mods that us guys in the v6 section can help you on. The cars dont break down much at all and arent as complex and computer controlled as lets say a VW or a Honda or something to that degree. Also, For the extra 8 or 900 bux you should purchase an extended warranty just to make sure, if you plan on keeping the car.

Also. Rule 1. Dont walk into your local dealership and settle for whatever car he has or what hes willing to sell it to you for. Search on ebay for dealers that are listing new 06's (what I did last year with an 05...and got 6500 off the sticker) and see what they can do on pricing.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:42 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

25k by the time he is 16....WTF?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Sticky Mustang
1st Gear Member

how much will i save on insurance with a v6 instead of a v8. my parents are gonna help me out on that end though.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:45 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

25k by the time he is 16....WTF?
...yeh...wow....are you doing something illegal? or did you have some crazy barmitzfah?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Sticky Mustang
1st Gear Member

no im a part time dj, work a little with a sound, stage, and lighting company, mow lawns, and take any oppurtunity to make money i get. ive been saving, it adds up fast
Old 05-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sticky Mustang

how much will i save on insurance with a v6 instead of a v8. my parents are gonna help me out on that end though.
This is something to ask your insurance agent. A lot of other factors (driving record, school grades, etc) can come into play.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:49 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

well a 16 year old and a GT will cost a ton....3000+ is not out of the question but a 6 is going to be 2500 probably
Old 05-28-2007, 01:53 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

well a 16 year old and a GT will cost a ton....3000+ is not out of the question but a 6 is going to be 2500 probably
Trust me, being 16 and the driver of a GT is killer on insurance

Quick Reply: Im getting a mustang, i got some questions