Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 vs. V8

Old 06-03-2007, 08:43 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 vs. V8

Byowning both a 06V6 vertand a 06GT vert....
Wealready knew this!
[8D]

ORIGINAL: SeanoStang

ive learned something today....the v8 has more performance than the v6.....wow.....no idea
Old 06-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ok if i see another v6 vs v8 thread i might have to kill myself. everyone is debating over **** that has already been said a thousand times. YES THE v8 HAS MORE POWER THEN THE 6. you have 2 cylinders, and .6 litres on us! but keep in mind for the price difference between the 2, around 7g, you could put a blower on a six and blow away a gt. not to mention have somethin under your hood to show off.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Ive owned a Auto V6 PP and now a Manual GT... AllI can say is, the V6 impressed me more than the GT did... The V8 has ooomph and a lot of it, thats expected... The V6 has oomph as well, thats not expected... I got exactly what i expected out of my GT and I got more than I expected out of my V6... im done
Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

ok if i see another v6 vs v8 thread i might have to kill myself. everyone is debating over **** that has already been said a thousand times. YES THE v8 HAS MORE POWER THEN THE 6. you have 2 cylinders, and .6 litres on us! but keep in mind for the price difference between the 2, around 7g, you could put a blower on a six and blow away a gt. not to mention have somethin under your hood to show off.

..............................but you'd still have a V6.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:47 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Iagree with the Dwisforume05.... I too am sick of seeing V6 Vs V8.....for crying out loud we are ALL in the same Ford Mustang family....at least we didn't buy another brand or Rice!
Be proud that your Little Brother (the V6) was rated #1 by Car & Driver Mag. as the FASTEST CAR for under $20K. I know we are proud of our big brother for placing 2nd in the the quickest car in the $25-30K range.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

yeah but it would blow away a GT. not to many GT guys are like this but you man, stop being so cocky. yeah we have a six so what, stop being so arrogant. you have a GT and i give u props for that cuz it is an amazing car but stop raggin on the 6 guys. wit the price difference we can be faster with better MPG
Old 06-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Sticky Mustang
1st Gear Member

the v6 doesnt have enough power to it for me
Old 06-07-2007, 01:35 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

I think the V6's are just as nice as the V8's (looks and power-wise). A Mustang GT is NOTHING to brag about - a Corvette Z06 on the other hand is a different story altogether
Old 06-07-2007, 02:14 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sticky Mustang

the v6 doesnt have enough power to it for me
Well, you can tell your a newb, nor does the English language have enough words either...

To Giddy up go, you're the reason so many leave this board....It isn't about power or looks or style or grace or handeling with you its about amount of pistons right? You know what they say about the guy with big feet....
I'm way more impressed with the way my V6 preforms that the GT, its what is expected out of a GT. I got it for a reason and modded it for me and should have to every other week explain or defend it on the Mustang Forums board because some has Envy over a smaller motor car.

THIS IS THE ONLY FORUM WHERE YOU WILL GET THIS KIND OF V6 BASHING....
Old 06-07-2007, 02:17 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

I think the V6's are just as nice as the V8's (looks and power-wise). A Mustang GT is NOTHING to brag about - a Corvette Z06 on the other hand is a different story altogether
BTW coming from you with the car you got is a huge compliment, thanks! That is an awesome ride and the comment is apperciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: V6 vs. V8