Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCharger Install pics

Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Default ProCharger Install pics

I didnt take too many pics when I put mine in, cause, frankly there really isnt much to see. But the new August issue of 5.0 shows the install on a stock 07 5 spd. Very good series of pics. 05-06 GTs are not as easy as 07 because of rerouting the upper radiator hose and relocating the P/S reservoir. As the article says, "Although the system doesnt fall on the car, the kit is easily installed." 5-6hrs for a seasoned mechanic, 8-10 for a home install. Took me about 12 total hours due to relocting the previous items.

The thread title is misleading, I know, but I'm just excited about it because Shannon O'Conner from ATI is mentioned as the installer for that articles car. Thats the guy I know there. He came bymy shop for the"Install party"because he wanted to do the fuel pump upgrade to make sure it was done right. He knows from experience that the floats areEASILY broken, and wanted to make sure I didnt have to buy a whole new fuel pump.
He leftthe next morningto go to Florida for the articles install, and I interrupted him twice during that install, because my car wouldnt shift right. The tune itself is where the problem was. After that install, him and the DiabloSport guy, Kevin, came back to ProCharger. Shannon took my car to work with him so Kevin could get the tune correct for the Auto trans. That 07 5 spdGT hit 466rwhp. My automatichit 450rwhpwith a "slightly conservative" tune (at least thats what Shannon told me). My car and that 07 were stock with the Procharger being the only modification. I now have the 3" Magnapak and BBK headers.
Next week, my car will be going back to ProCharger to test a new location for the MAF at the intercooler outlet tube. The idea is to get a more stable air reading. The current location for the MAF is on thedrivers side of the tube that goes to the TB. You can see it in the article pics. Hopefully, this time the dynos printer will work andI can get a printout of the dyno pulls, and get away from the shop for the tune session.
This post is just [sm=icon_blah.gif], but, I just kinda found really neat to see this install in a magazine knowing 3 of the people in it, and when it happened and [sm=icon_blah.gif].... Course, it would be better if it were MINE. [sm=icon_blah.gif] Okay, I'll shut up now.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:38 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ProCharger Install pics

congrats and welcome to the boost club, no yearly
dues, it's free!

your rwhp is right in the area you want to be "it
just feels right" when you push the GO pedal

ORIGINAL: SCCAGT

Took me about 12 total hours due to relocting the previous items.

fuel pump upgrade the floats areEASILY broken,