Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for supercharger education

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:55 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for supercharger education

If I may add to the discussion . I'm more of a centrifugal fan(Paxton, Vortech, ProCharger, etc.) by the simple fact that our stock 3V engines don't have the greatest of internals and have very high compression(by F.I. standards) at 9.8:1. With that said, the centrifugal S/C doesn't "shock" the entire drivetrain as much as a roots or twinscrew as boost builds in conjunction with therpms rising. While, yes, it doesn't have that instant "torquey" feel off the line(as do the positive displacement S/Cs), the way the boosts builds doesn't stress the stock internals as much on a stoplight to stoplight operation. Yes gears would benefit a centri application more than a positive displacement(P.D.) S/C(for on-track super-stardom), but for my money, on a daily driver with stock internals, I'd go centri. Although, I'm sure the P.D. guys will all say it's in the tune, and while, of course, that's very true, many people haven't had their cars long enough to find out how much the "instant torque" of the P.D. S/C wreaks havoc on their drivetrains. Why do you think the Saleen and Roush S/Cs are only set at 4-6psi? My opinion is that the "linear boost" approach to supercharging the stock 3V is safer in the long run........JMHO
Old 05-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Kenne Bell is a twin screw supercharger. The twin screws will give you pretty much instant boost. There is really only 1 model of supercharger for the 4.6L Mustang in KBs line up. You just need to pick from black or chrome, and the intercooler option is the only way to go. KB is also probably the most complete kit. Meaning that it comes with everything you need except tools. It comes with a very good tune for the 8psi that it will put out in the stock configuration. It consistently puts out 443 hp in the 2005-2007 Mustang GT and a/f ratio is spot on.

www.kennebell.net

obviously i am biased however.

My second choice would be the Whipple.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:57 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

KB is also probably the most complete kit
and a/f ratio is spot on.
I have to agree on that.