Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 piece driveshafts

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:02 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

Default 1 piece driveshafts

i was looking around on the forum and ran into a few threads on 1 piece driveshafts, after seeing pics of the stock im thinking of getting one, they dont look like theyll last to long or handel any real power.so my question is who make a good one? i dont want it snaping and killing my underside. and for those of you who have them how much did it cost to get it installed? unfortunitly my house dosent have a work shop yet so im stucking not being able to do any mods that require lifting or getting under the car. thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 01:21 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 1 piece driveshafts

I have a Denny's D/S and it is great. Pinion angle is EVERYTHING when you change it out, so make sure you get it correct, it should be set at approximatly -2. Expect to pay for about 2 hours of labor.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:37 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brendend

i was looking around on the forum and ran into a few threads on 1 piece driveshafts, after seeing pics of the stock im thinking of getting one, they dont look like theyll last to long or handel any real power.so my question is who make a good one? i dont want it snaping and killing my underside. and for those of you who have them how much did it cost to get it installed? unfortunitly my house dosent have a work shop yet so im stucking not being able to do any mods that require lifting or getting under the car. thanks
How do you tell by looks if a one piece driveshaft can handle any power? And, how is it that you think the Ford 2-piece handles more than an aftermarket one does?

Stop being stupid. If you think about it for a second, you will see that a one-piece driveshaft transmits more power from the engine to the wheels. And the construction of the DS is pleanty fine to allow 700+ horses...

Or do you mean that the two piece doesn't look that strong???

clarity is key...
Old 05-31-2007, 04:10 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

i mean the 2 piece dosent look strong
no need to be mean
Old 05-31-2007, 04:13 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I also plan on ordering a 1 piece DS soon, and was wondering what brand is the best and where to order. I've heard many good things about Denny's, so that will probably be the place. Is this something that can be done at home, or is it preferred for a shop to do it? Thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 04:13 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Ahh... in that case...

Keep in mind that all the aftermarket SC producers use the stock 2 piece DS. It is over 40 pounds and it is designed to reduce the NVH on the car.

So the stock DS is fine for any basic SC you put on the car... but when you turn up the wick, you need to start thinking about replacing it...

no need to be mean
You added this after I responded...

Honestly, this subject has been covered many many many many times here... so use of the search feature would have served you to no end. YOU desire the the knowledge, therefore it is YOUR responsibility to find the knowledge... no one here owes anyonr anything.

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT
what brand is the best
You will find several answers to this. I have the Powerhouse once piece. I love it.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

i know there was a first set of DS then came a newer set as far as thickness the old ones are thicker please correct me if i am wrong
Old 05-31-2007, 08:33 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

That was pretty mean. I usually wait atleast one post before insults.

no need to be mean
Old 05-31-2007, 11:27 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Meanie ! but helpful ... hehe
Old 05-31-2007, 02:16 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I have asked questions in the past that had previously been covered in the past. I have also been suggested to do a search on the topic. In the past the search function did not work so well for everyone. It is a forum and sometimes you want up to date info, or you want direct answers for your particular question. Why cant we answer a guys question without giving him hell for it. If its that hard to answer, why do you bother to take time away from your precious day to postand insult the man. Come on already guys, I think we are all sharing the same interests here, and if its that hard to answer someone back, don't post anything at all. He asked for help, not an earful of ****.

Quick Reply: 1 piece driveshafts