Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Graduation $, now what to do with it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Graduation $, now what to do with it?

spray it
Old 06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

i got my JLT II and diablosport predator for $360, search classifieds here and onm o d u l a r f o r d s . c o mfor a deal
Old 06-01-2007, 07:28 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Save save save...
You'll need it later on. You can spend the money you earn just fine, but when extras like grad-money, tax returns or bonusses come your way there is only one place to put that. In your savings account, so it will be generating money for your future.

It's this reason why people end up in debt, they spend every dime they have, even the ones they get from bonusses and stuff. I can't believe people willing to spend hundreds of dollars for a few horsepower. Keep that money in your bank, and buy something really nice a couple of years down the line. (could be a car, but what I am aiming at is a nice house)
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

Save save save...
You'll need it later on. You can spend the money you earn just fine, but when extras like grad-money, tax returns or bonusses come your way there is only one place to put that. In your savings account, so it will be generating money for your future.
I personally spend all my bonuses on Fam vacations or upgrading the home (painting, resurface pool, etc.) 20% of every paycheck goes into my 401k and my company puts in another 6% each year, totaling 26% of my gross income. Taxes returns, and any OT go straight into my car, motorcycle, ATV's or toy hauler we own. That's what life is about, living now, not 30 years from now. I feel bad everytime I pull next to a vette or Viper (not because I usually win) but because there in their 50's-60's. I am happy for the fortunate people such as myself, and most of the forum people here that can afford a mustang at such an early age. We go around this earth only 1 time.......live it up....buy what you want to as long as you are keeping the future in the back of your mind at all times.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:24 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I'd definitely get the CAI and tune first and maybe gears/UDP. Gotta have some go with those body kit things going on Also i'd forget about the cams, from what i read on here they are not worth the money for the hp gains you get.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:07 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I disagree...seems like the path is right in front of you and college is paid for so enjoy it now as you dont know what the future holds. If your stang is something you want to dump extra cash into go ahead and treat yourself. Now I have been to college, I am 33yrs old, have a mortgage, 2 cars and one car payment, and make great money, but if I die tomorrowI wont regret doing somethingI wanted to do even if it is just modding my stang....JMO Now on to the 1500 dollars...I would not get anything done to the internals or do cams as they are expensive and really not the best bang for the buck on our modular motors. I just read a thread yesterday about a guy who bought cams had them installed and he lost low end and only gained 25 HP to the wheels! To me as well as the poster he was disappointed. Get the Hp to the ground and the whole car will act differently and come alive. I know it is cool to spin tires but spinning tires doesn't give bragging rights when racing at the track. Spend some of the cash on a CAI and tune and 4:10 FRPP gears and your rear suspension. Save money on labor by using the family friend mechanic and your golden.....JMO J
ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

Yeah I wouldn't blow it all on the car... Its just a car, there is so much more to life. You don't drive 24 hours a day afterall.

I'd get one nice mod and save the rest of the money. Have some fun ya know?