Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Graduation $, now what to do with it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

Default Graduation $, now what to do with it?

I have an 07 GT and have all the exterior mods I want/need, got the wheels and tires, and interior. Now I'm looking for some more hp! lol, well I got $1500 from graduation money from various people and this got me wanting a CAI, comp or crane cams stage 2, new springs and retainers. This sound like a good package or would there be another package you would recommend? I don't have to pay labor, my parents said they have a friend that could do the labor cheap and he's the best mechanic around. Also considered long tube headers, o/r h-pipe, short throw shifter, and CAI (I have magnapacks). Any input on how I should use this money toward the mustang would be helpful.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:12 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Graduation $, now what to do with it?

I think you should put back the money for college or something oriented toward your future. I've gotten right at $1300 bucks so far in graduation money and it's all in the bank right now. Though, its very hard to persuade you on doing that when you exposed to more mods for the stang!!!

If you can't restrain yourself from saving the money, go with a C&L "Racer" Intake w/ SCT Tuner for sure. Thats right at 550 bucks or so and you can install that your self no problem. Now you have $950 to go. The rest really depends on what you want to do with the car and where you want it to stand. Do you want to S/C, T/C, Nitrous, or any type of forced induction?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LAK3RS

I think you should put back the money for college or something oriented toward your future. I've gotten right at $1300 bucks so far in graduation money and it's all in the bank right now. Though, its very hard to persuade you on doing that when you exposed to more mods for the stang!!!
+1 I agree on this, when you get out of college in 4 years you will beable to afford the brand new 2010-11 model and S/C it from the factory.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:16 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

I want to do f/i way down the road, but do the basic bolt ons, do cams, new heads, and stroke it also do get the internals stronger so I can crank up the boost. My dad ever since he has been working (47 years in july) has put money toward my college so it's paid for. They told me the money I got could go toward the mustang...dad had his 72nd bday yesterday and we went runnin and fishin lol
Old 06-01-2007, 01:23 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Yeah I wouldn't blow it all on the car... Its just a car, there is so much more to life. You don't drive 24 hours a day afterall.

I'd get one nice mod and save the rest of the money. Have some fun ya know?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:24 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07mustanggt

I want to do f/i way down the road, but do the basic bolt ons, do cams, new heads, and stroke it also do get the internals stronger so I can crank up the boost. My dad ever since he has been working (47 years in july) has put money toward my college so it's paid for. They told me the money I got could go toward the mustang...dad had his 72nd bday yesterday and we went runnin and fishin lol
Okay, now were getting somewhere. Don't even bother with the cams right now at all. Wait till later on when you strengthen up the block throw on a new crank, rods, pistons, heads, etc. Do that right before you supercharge it. If you are planning on throwing on a turbo in the future cross out the long tubes for sure right now. If I were you, I'd just go with CAI w/ tuner, gears, and shifter. The gears will make a world difference in your car bro and you'll love it. So far, with me still being N/A thats my favorite mod yet. If I had a manual i'd do 4.30's personally though it also depends on your driving habits as well. I have 4.10's in my auto and I love them.

No matter what you decide in doing, don't be stupid about it and just throw some money out there purchasing it. Do some extensive research on what your wanting so you can understand whats going on with your car. Have fun with it bro!! O yea, and happy graduation...I'm graduating tonight!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 01:30 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

You just graduated and the car is already nice. Money should go to hookers and beer. DUH!
Old 06-01-2007, 01:44 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

+1 on hookers
Old 06-01-2007, 01:48 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

I think you should send the money to me.[sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 06-01-2007, 02:36 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

I gotta use my graduation money fora laptop...I'd rather buy a set of duals, CAI/tune, LCA, and Hurst