Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark plugs for GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Spark plugs for GT

I have used Derek several times and although I admit they are not the cheapest around (that part of the post was accurate) I use them when I need a part yesterday because they keep a wide variety of hard to get stuff in stock and Derek has ways of finding hard to find stuff quick in a pinch if he doesn't have it.

Personally, I don't use vendors becuase of price, I use them becuase of quality and service. I would much rather spend an extra 10 bucks and know the company will stand behind the transaction 100%.

Just my take on it.

For the record, as I said, I know Derek and Jared personally and both are stand up guys and run a good ship IMO.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:02 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

fanboy, i'm just tryin to help people save a couple bucks, and avoid some headaches. if theyre good for u, then keep with it. i was just tryin to tell people my experience, i mean not mine personally, but friends of mine who have dealt with d'agostino. what matters is that youre happy with what you get, right dude? im not tryin to cause problems, sorry if i came off that way.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:07 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I respect all opinions if they are based on personal experience. I have no problem with you thinking D'Agostino sucks - I have a problem with you saying D'Agostino sucks without any personal experience to speak from.

It's not personal and I would be saying the same thing to anyone saying any vendor sucked without some personal examples. If you've had some friends' with some bad deals go down, I would tell anyone else the same thing - have your friend come on and tell his story.

I am the first one who wants to know if a vendor is screwing people...I just want it based on facts from the person involved is all...
Old 06-03-2007, 11:26 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

oh, and my buddy who was burned by d'ag, u wont see him get on the forum, not that kinda guy. i surely heard ofblown engines come from their work tho.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I certainly don't know everyone who blew an S197 motor - but I know or know of many of them. Who blew a motor that D'Ag built?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:56 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

i was toldthey helped him build up his car. he had engine failure related to a bad tune or bad fuel system or something.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:39 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

relax buddy, and go ahead and ask jared what he thinks of d'agostino if u dont believe me. but ur right, he wouldnt come on here and say anything, that wouldnt be professional. also, i've met people who have had d'agostino build them sh*t that's blown up on the track, soooooo ya.

fanboy check zex either for HT0's, maybe u'll save a couple bucks. $57 for a set of 8, good for up to 700 or 800 hundred HP, i forget.

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ode=SPARKPLUGS
Those don't appear to be HTO's?
Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

fanboy, i'm just tryin to help people save a couple bucks, and avoid some headaches. if theyre good for u, then keep with it. i was just tryin to tell people my experience, i mean not mine personally, but friends of mine who have dealt with d'agostino. what matters is that youre happy with what you get, right dude? im not tryin to cause problems, sorry if i came off that way.
Like it has been said post from your personal opinion not what you hear in the forums. Hell like I said derek is a stand up guy, they have worked with me thru everything that I have done and they even offered more than once to cover half the shipping. Hell they even refunded the shipping on a wrong order.

Andrew
Old 06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
LTHL PSI
1st Gear Member

David?,

I hope you can back these false accustations in court.

I will not get into the Lethal Performance issue as we are currently going to court, but those who do know me know the true story. The name Lethal Performance originated from my own license plate, and for your information I am still a co-owner of that company. But anyhow that is between Jared, Jonas and myself. I do not need to write about it on a public forum.

As far as Sean Hyland Motorsports, my business partner, did in fact work there for 2 years, he was also the president of Pro-M Racing, and Head Calibrator at Diablosport for 3 years. If anybody needs his credentials feel free to call Diablosport and ask them.

Have we even ever dealt with you?

Last but certainly not least, name ONE car we have blown up. ONE, please do.

So please next time before you open your mouth atleast have your facts straight. Also where is all this hostility coming from.

Thank You,
Derek D'Agostino

For all those who know us and have dealt with us we appreciate the support. Again we have never dealt or heard of this member, so it is funny to us that this guy is accusing and making up stories, seems kind of fishy to me.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Bro!You are going off on Derek when they Sponsor OUR club........What you are saying about them is not accurate at all.Hell,one of our newest members just dropped off a down payment with Derek & got a little over 1,000.00 knocked off the price for being a member of OUR club!Derek is a great guy and never has blown up a motor I know of!If your talking about James & his motor that blew.Derek did'nt build that motor!It was American something or another who built it & on top of that James knew it was going to blow because he turned the boost way up for PINKS hoping it would hold out but did'nt.Not very cool Bro to be bashing Derek just because you like Lethal.I told all of the Hellafied membersthat Derek was the Race shop sponsor of the club.But if members wanted to go elsewhere they could do whatever they wanted.I think you owe Derek an apology.If you can prove he blew a motor then I suggest you do it now.If you got confused about who built James motor then that's cool because we all make mistakes but you should apologize then.JMO........

Quick Reply: Spark plugs for GT