Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best method to have Roush stripe kit installed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Agustin7

Default Best method to have Roush stripe kit installed?

Hello all. I'm new here, but I'm glad I found this site. I just purchased a 2005 GT coupe and I'm in the process of completing some exterior upgrades. I recently purchased the Roush Hybrid Stripe kit. The problem is that I tried to do the install and ruined the hood stripe (new one on order). I just couldn't do it right for some reason.

Anyway, I'm going to have this profesionally installed and wanted to get some advice on what type of business should be handling this. I can either have a company called Performance Wheel and Tire do the install or contact a graphics company that specializes in automotive decals. Performance Wheel and Tire told me they do this all the time with their own custom decals, but would not guarantee it. I think they meant the stripes, not the installation. They want $65.00 per hour and estimate 3-4. Now this is over the phone and they may be able to do it in less time when they see everything is pre-cut.

So what do you folks think? What is my safest bet and possibly cheapest? Thanks in advance for any help. Take care.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Best method to have Roush stripe kit installed?

$65 per hour..Sounds high ! I would check into the graphics company. Are you just needing the hood finished?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Agustin7

No, unfortunately I'm a little too nervous to even try the other panels. That kit is expensive and I can't afford to buy another one. I gave Roush a song and dance just to get them to send me the hood decal independent of the entire kit. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep checking around. I was kind of figuring I wouldn't have to pay more than $100-$150 out the door, but I guess we'll see.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 06-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Agustin7

Anyone else have an opinion or advice for me? Thanks again for any help.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 06-03-2007, 01:18 PM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

You need to go to a tint shop, the stripes are applied the same way as window tint. You spray down soapy water and then apply the stripes. The soapy water allows for movement and alignment. Once aligned you squeegy out the water which allows the stripe to stick. Double check that those stripes from Roush will work with a stock wing. If I recall theirs is designed to work with their wing only. I may be wrong though...
Old 06-03-2007, 02:27 PM
jets12
1st Gear Member

Some tint hsops will do it, but find a graphics guy where you are. Someone who WRAPS cars, trucks, that sort of thing. do an internet search for vinyl grapics install. Give us your city and the next 3 biggest cities around you.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Agustin7

ORIGINAL: offrdmania
Double check that those stripes from Roush will work with a stock wing. If I recall theirs is designed to work with their wing only. I may be wrong though...
I bought the Hybrid kit because I have the Roush scoop and spoiler installed. This kit works with the stock bumpers and aforementioned scoop and spoiler. Thanks for the information people. It sounds like I should be looking for either a graphics or tint company. I'll do some checking.