Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What you guys think about Neon light?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What you guys think about Neon light?

a chick at my school has green underglow lights on her scion xb? or xa? its the boxy one...its gay.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

dam i just needed to open my eyes
...and sign the car over to me
Old 06-05-2007, 02:06 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaxbelleil

i received mylights today but they're not going on my car i got the point, dam i just needed to open my eyes
I wanted to chime in earlier but I had to run off to work. Now let me ask you, why are you listening to these guys?!?!

This is YOUR Car, YOU can do with it whatever you please. If you want to put a neon underbody kit on it, then do it. Personally, if you want to use it for car shows and late night car meets, I think it would look good. In fact, neons don't fall anywhere under the "ricer" definition.

I'm getting the Rear Seat Delete from K-Designz with the Mustang that has a neon blue glow behind it. Gonna put blue lights in the footwells, and I think a blue underbody kit to use at the shows (not on the street) would look VERY good. It would help acent the car.

If all you have is neon green underbody, then get some other mods first so that it will match up and make everything go together. I think many people would agree with me, but most don't want to be the odd ones out in this thread. Most importantly, take whatever everyone here has to say with a grain of salt (including me). This is your baby, run with it, and do whatever you want.

~Fred

1. ricer

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.[/align]
Old 06-05-2007, 02:15 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

^ Best post in the whole thread.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I wanted to chime in earlier but I had to run off to work. Now let me ask you, why are you listening to these guys?!?!

This is YOUR Car, YOU can do with it whatever you please.
Hey, lighten up, you are spoiling the fun.

Besides, he asked!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
mitssn
1st Gear Member

Not no but HELL NO
Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Margarita Girl

This is YOUR Car, YOU can do with it whatever you please.

Besides, he asked!
Seriously M.G., you're right - wow, he put the kabash on that one.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

Fred Thank you for you post, I will probebly will put the Neons on. Your right my car is not a rice + I drive my car like a race car so if someone wants to see if the car is fast.
ORIGINAL: FredTT

i received mylights today but they're not going on my car i got the point, dam i just needed to open my eyes

This is YOUR Car, YOU can do with it whatever you please. If you want to put a neon underbody kit on it, then do it. Personally, if you want to use it for car shows and late night car meets, I think it would look good. In fact, neons don't fall anywhere under the "ricer" definition.

I'm getting the Rear Seat Delete from K-Designz with the Mustang that has a neon blue glow behind it. Gonna put blue lights in the footwells, and I think a blue underbody kit to use at the shows (not on the street) would look VERY good. It would help acent the car.

If all you have is neon green underbody, then get some other mods first so that it will match up and make everything go together. I think many people would agree with me, but most don't want to be the odd ones out in this thread. Most importantly, take whatever everyone here has to say with a grain of salt (including me). This is your baby, run with it, and do whatever you want.

~Fred

1. ricer

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.[/align]
Old 06-05-2007, 05:52 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Wake up dude........

Neon lights are as rice as it gets.
Let me make it more clear:

NEON=RICE
Old 06-05-2007, 10:58 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Margarita Girl

Besides, he asked!
Hey, Ya'll need to lighten up on the guy. Its all fun if your joking around, but you discouraged him from doing it. Thats not cool, he bought it, he wanted it, and you all ridiculed him for no real reason. So yes, I'm going to spoil your fun, because ya'll crossed the line.

Fred Thank you for you post, I will probebly will put the Neons on. Your right my car is not a rice + I drive my car like a race car so if someone wants to see if the car is fast.
Good, I'm glad!!!! Send me the pics when you get it done, I want to see them.

~Fred